[updated july 19 2019] Eevee real object based Motion Blur v0.4.3

Okay, I will jump on this in the morning if I can, and asap if not. I needed a good excuse to dive into the Compositor workflow regardless, so this is the best reason I can think of. Really exciting though, if this can work for some of my animation crap, some of which is pretty forgiving (not necessarily need all bells + whistles of E-Cycles or Octane) since it is mostly for industrial training and whatnot.

I’m done for the night. Whew! Long day! Take care!

I’m pretty sure my early test were baked, but I ran them again and baked it, and the motion blur IS applied now.

Weird :grimacing: I could have sworn that they were baked before. So I guess disregard, and everything thing is working like it should.
Thanks for making this possible!

Tim

1 Like

I realized that something changed in the API these days, that broke the automated compositior thingy of the addon. I caused black renders in new scenes. It’s already updated to reflect the change, so if you redownload and try again it may be working.
Delete any unconnected Viewer node that the former version may have created after the API change.

1 Like

It wasn’t an API change, it seems that I’ve been using some property registered by animation nodes instead of the right one. My bad.
Just to be fair, it’s fixed already.

Nice Add-on Pablo, really like it.
I was thinking though if it’s too much work to add the ability to render from the command line. Currently if I do it, it triggers the standard render functionality.
Thanks

Just reporting that the addon does not appear to work in Blender 2.80 official release. Soon as you press ‘Render Frame’ or ‘Render Sequence’ Blender freezes…

Does not seem to install in the current release of 2.8 at all. Whether I use the install from file option, or put it into the addons folder manually, it doesn’t appear in the addons list within blender.

I’m using it with Blender 2.80 and it seems to work fine. It does go off and render for a bit before it comes back. I’m working under linux. If you have a console open you should see progress being printed out.

I had the same problem. I renamed eevee_motion_blur.py to __init__.py and that seemed to resolve the problem. Looks like Blender requires that file to be present.

I just had a similar problem with another addon, and discovered that Blender 2.8 is installing Addons in separate folders in the addons directory. Which is fine, except that Blender doesn’t actually work when addons are within folders lol.

Moving the .py into the addons directory root solves the problem. Don’t know why Blender’s auto install does that when it won’t work, but at least there’s a simple solution :slight_smile:

Interesting… good to know, thanks. I think if it’s within a folder it requires the init.py… maybe it’s a python thing.

Many people had problems installing the addon, remember to uncompress and search for the .py file not the whole .zip. It works ok that way.
Stay tuned, in a few weeks I plan to tidy and clean up the script a little more so it supports direct .zip installing, in the meanwhile, try it, it works!
Thanks all for the feedback.

doesnt seem to work. It renders every tenth frame, but numbers them sequentially, so frame 1 = frame 1, frame 10 = frame 2, frame 20 = frame 3 etc. When it gets to frame 9 of a hundred frame animation it just keeps rendering the last frame all the way up to 100.

Non of the rendered images contained any motion blur either.

I clicked render motion blur sequence from the render properties section.

Does this make any changes to the blender code? Since installing and uninstalling it I’m no longer able to render from a duplicate scene using cycles for a vector pass.

This addon makes no change to blender code. It’s a Python scripted addon and only adds a panel to render a sequence of images in eevee. I has nothing to do with cycles and there’s no way this may break in any way anything in Blender.
Something else must have happened.

It’s weird… I can’t reproduce your bug. I hit either render render frame or render sequence buttons and it renders. You have to be patient for complex scenes, with fast moving objects and so, because this is a brute force approach that renders a bunch of images and averages them together (but still waay faster than cycles :wink: ).
And because of that it’s also very weird that it doesn’t work for you.
Are you using the latest version?
Check the console for errors, and send me the error message or anything, if any. If something is not working the console should tell.

You mention the Cycles vector pass issue that you also have. Maybe your installation is corrupted or something like that. Try a clean install or a factory reset for both.

I am using this addon right now both in 2.80 stable and the nightly 2.81 alpha and works ok in both.
Thanks for testing! I hope you can solve the problem, this simple feature enabled eevee for professional renders to me :smiley:

am i doing something wrong because everything is black

Welcome to BA!
Maybe you have some viewer node attached in the compositor with no input.
If you make a regular render you see everything black too?

1 Like

thank you

sorry, i was just being an idiot as i took the motion blur image sequence and connected it to the composite and viewer node and accidentally left it there. apologies for the trouble.

1 Like

Continuing the discussion from [updated july 19 2019] Eevee real object based Motion Blur v0.4.3:

I’m pretty new to blender, so I don’t understand a lot of the terms here,so i figured id ask. I downloaded the plug in and pressed render motion blur frame with all default settings but shutter at 1. There was no motion blur added to my particle systems, nothing changed at all. Any ideas for a solution? Thanks