Urban Store Front

This looks lovely. It is a bit too clean, but if it’s just going to be in the background, is adding edge wear and damage going to be worth the time investment?

1 Like

Nice, what did you do to make the textures? Looks great!

1 Like

Thanks guys. It’s a combination of canned and homebrewed materials/textures. The aluminum is a smart shader which can dial in age, dust, scratches, edge wear and more called PRO Metals.

2 Likes

I probably don’t need to add dirt or wear to the book display, but this shop will probably be the focal point of the building, so might as well.

1 Like

Ahhhh if that’s the case then yeah, it makes sense to add extra detail. It’s that additional 10% of work that has a significant yet subtle impact on your final output. :grin:

1 Like

Good job! The detail work is impressing. How about Quick Stop Groceries on the side?

1 Like

Thanks. I am not sure what I’ll put next to it. I considered a grocery store, but then I’d have to model a whole bunch of different types of produce. My current idea is to have maybe a fish market with some fish on ice in the window. Or maybe some squid or calamari or shellfish of some kind.

Worried about a bunch of vegetables. Not necessarily an issue :slight_smile:
Have a look it!
https://nativetouristnj.wordpress.com/2015/02/06/quickstop-groceries-americas-most-famous-convenience-store/

1 Like

Trying to make a suitable sidewalk material…I’m not completely happy with it but it’s close. I’ll need to make another section with traction enabled sloping bits for the crosswalks. I think I have an intersection texture that will work for the road, otherwise I’ll have to make one from scratch.

2 Likes

I think I’m finished with the sidewalk material for now, but now I need to make a custom intersection to fit it. So far I have a template.

2 Likes

I decided to go with a canned sidewalk and intersection, because, features. And it looks better than mine.

2 Likes

After doing the roof I dropped in a couple pre-fabbed buildings…

3 Likes

3 Likes

I had an issue with the normals map for the bricks material but have straightened it out…

2 Likes

Anyone need a trash bin?
trashbin
trashbin.blend (1.2 MB)

1 Like

4 Likes

Nearing completion…

2 Likes

my wife walked by and saw this and said “wow, is this a render? that building texture looks really good!”
So you’re doing something right :wink:

2 Likes

Cool! Glad I fixed the normals map. :slight_smile: I’m doing the final render now…about 500 samples to go.

2 Likes