I made a proposal the last week for the UV Editor. The proposal was made with the help and opinion of other artist that use blender, some old users and others new comers and all people that I’ve asked are really happy with the proposal. I showed the proposal to developers and Pablo told me about to show to community to see if people like it.
The basic idea of this proposal is not to break the actual Blender workflows, only a improvement in the way that the interface is ordered to make better groups in tabs. Making easier for newcomers and don’t destroy old users “user experience”. Trying to avoid big changes for developers.
THe main change is move all tools to specific tabs and divide the tabs by step in the UV workflow. So we have five tabs with Unwrap Tools, layout&pack tools, grease pencil, Sculpt and bake (because the idea is to move the bake from properties to UV editor where have more logic). Also the changes in the interface search to add some features that actualy are hard to use and understand by new users (UVmap size, UV index)
This is the idea
Here you have a explanation about the changes.
In the document of the email you can read the basic ideas on which proposal was based