[UV Packmaster] Efficient UV packing solution for Blender (C++ based, multithreaded)

@metaphorset check this post

1 Like

Thanks for the hint.

RELEASE 2.0.6

A quick fix for the UV validation feature.

Some users reported that they were encountering very small UV faces, but still properly unwrapped, which were incorrectly marked as invalid by the UV validation procedure. In the newest build we increased tolerance for small UV faces so it should not be a problem any more. From now on a UV face must be extremely small in order to be reported as invalid.

We strongly recommend updating for everyone who uses the UV validation feature frequently.

UPDATE TIP : if you encounter any issue after updating the add-on to a new version follow the procedure:

• remove UVP2 add-on
  • install it again
  • restart Blender

I paid the full amount again, because this is a very cool add-on. :+1:

2 Likes

Yes it is! But in my case I can not pay again…it will be very good to have an discount…I have wrote to you on [[email protected]] but get no answer still :frowning:

@mac7ua Thank you very much for your support - we really appreciate it! :slight_smile:

@aghandwork We send discount codes once a day, so sometimes a user has to wait for a few hours to receive it. Anyway your code should already wait for you in the inbox :wink:

I have got it, thank you!..I am very appreciated for your support!

I bought a pro version today. I created a big obgect consisting of multiple meshes. I joined them all together and used the add-on to pack my UVs. Now it looks good, but whenever I export my model as fbx and import it back in Blender or substance painter the UV seems to be exploded all over the place like they were before I joined the objects and packed my UVs. It basically looks like whatever packing I did didn’t apply. What can be the problem? Please help me I have to finish that huge project by tomorrow evening.

What version of Blender are you using? 2.8? If you are really in hurry it would great if you could send me a blend file with a reproduction of the issue. This way I will be able to help you very quickly.

Note that I am not sure whether the add-on is a root cause of the issue here. It might be the Blender fbx exporter as well. I will try to investigate the problem anyway.

As a new member of blenderartists I can’t upload files here. Where can I send you the blend file to?

I’m using 2.79.
Can UV packmaster conflict with Texture Atlas addon? I used it first when I tried to pack all UVs without merging my objects. I still have both versions merged and not merged on layers 2 and 3. The UV for the merged model looks perfect, but explodes when exporting, the UV for separate objects packs fine using Atlas add-on, but then gets broken too (for some reason the UVs of the base of the model reset after I stop using the Atlas and revert back to how they were before packing).

Can the issue lie in the fact that I didn’t use “Unwrap” for part of the UVs, but used Project from view? The parts of my model that used project from view seems to be the most broken.

Some users reported issues related to the Texture Atlas add-on in the past, but I am not sure whether it is the root cause. “Project from view” also should not be a problem here.

Send me a file to [email protected].

I sent you the file, thanks for the assistance! Meanwhile I found out that exporting as obj works just fine. Wonder what’s the problem with fbx can be though.
Edit: nope, obj is broken too. The ratio is not 1:1 and the overall position of islands is different from the model I try to export.
Edit 2: I tried the obj export once again and this time the ratio is 1:1, the islands are all in their correct places, just one island is out of bounds for some reason.
Sorry for the spam, I’ll just go with obj for now and will wait to hear from you.

Are you sure that desired UVs are on default UV set?

You’re absolutely right! It was the problem. I feel so stupid, thank you for help!

Texture atlas addon created a new UV set called TextureAtlas and I kept packing my UVs on it while exporting the default UVset where the islands are all over the place.

Hey.

Whenever I try to use UV Packmaster on one of my more complex meshes, uvp.exe crashes. It just happened with the recent V2 demo in Blender 2.8, but it also happens with V1.91.3 in Blender 2.79.

Any ideas what this can be?

Hello

Thank you for reporting the issue.

We are currently fixing some occasional packer crashes. They are caused by floating point precision errors. You should expect an update with fixes soon. For now you may try the following workaround:

• select all UV islands
  • apply some simple transformation to them, for example rotate them by 90 degrees using a common pivot (doesn’t really matter where the pivot is, as such rotation should not have impact on the packing result). If you want to pack with rotations disabled and want to preserve island orientations you may use another transformation, e.g. scaling by the factor 1.01.
  • pack the islands again.

Please, also consider sending us a blend file containing the faulting UV map - we will be able to make sure that our fixes solve the specific issue you are experiencing. You can scale all 3D geometry in the file to a single point if you don’t want to share you work - the UV map is all we need to debug the issue.

2 Likes

Hello.

Cheers for the quick answer. Rotating the UVs by 90 degrees actually worked. I can’t send you the mesh for copyright reasons, but it seems you’re on the right track as the rotation workaround did the trick.

looks amazing !!!

i wish i had some credz to spend on this :confused:

good work though ! congratulations ! :slight_smile:

and happy blending

Thank you. Note that we also provide the standard edition of the add-on for a more affordable price. The standard edition doesn’t have all features of the pro edition, but it still packs UVs super fast (there is no difference in performance between both editions in terms of packing on CPU) :slight_smile:

1 Like

RELEASE 2.0.7

Fix occasional packer crashes. More tweaks of the UV validation feature.

UPDATE NOTES: after update it is required to restart Blender in order to make the add-on work.

4 Likes