[UV Packmaster] Efficient UV packing solution for Blender (C++ based, multithreaded)

@DotBow Implementing 0 padding value is a bit more complicated (you must make sure the islands won’t stick out the packing area accidentally), that is why it is not available yet. But, is there a big difference between 0 and 1 pixel padding? When I set pixel padding to 1 pixel then the space between islands and the packing box border is really, really tiny. Am I missing some specific use case here?

@pitibonom Sure, send me a blend file through a private message. I will take a look on your configuration :slight_smile:

The certain scenario in my case is mid poly workflow with only base material and texture masks (which downscaled in engine). All edges straighten to have a good edge wear quality. For this type of uvs I don’t need border padding - the main goal is large texel density.
So, tiny padding seems ok, but it is better to have pixel perfect (the edge not crossing in-between pixels) edge snapping.
Anyway, I really appreciate your work and already have a great results using packmaster! If it is hard to implement such feature I can still live with what we have!

Hello I have an error on blender 2.80, 2.81, 2.82 and the same error at demo version. Win7

2019-11-21%2013_57_21-Blender%20Info%20Log

I’ve sent you a private message.

1 Like

The problem is solved. I have comodo antivirus and this antivirus block uvp.exe when i try to choose UV engine. I created necessary permission. And now the addon is works. Thank You Glukoz for Your great addon!

1 Like

@Jazzik It’s good to hear that! :slight_smile:

As you probably know Blender 2.81 has been released. Just for your information: the add-on should work with the new version without issues.

I always use Daily Builds Blender 2.82 UV packer addon works without problems at them too . Good job Glukoz!

1 Like

Could you add an option to only lock overlapping islands of the same object when in multi-object editing?

1 Like

Sure, I will add it to our TODO list.

UVPackmaster BLACK FRIDAY Sale!

Use the code “uvpbf” during purchase to get 25% discount. The code can be used to buy any license (standard, pro, single user, studio). You can save even $25 when buying a studio pro license for 10 users :slight_smile:

[EDIT] Black Friday sale is over.

2 Likes

Don’t quite know where else to ask, but is anyone else having problems getting Pro 2.2.7 to install? No amount of restarts works. Files are in the scripts/addons folder as they should be, but blender does not see it. 2.1.1 works just fine. Both Blender 2.8, and 2.81.

@hardwire666 Have you followed the installation manual available at http://bit.ly/uvp2-downloads (INSTALLATION-IMPORTANT.txt file)?

Hello, does this plugin have a feature to stack similar UVs with some threshold?

Yes, check the ‘Align Similar’ operator available in the Advanced Options subpanel. It is recommended that you read ‘Similarity Detection’ help (available in the add-on interface in the Help subpanel) before using this option. Keep in mind that you can test this functionality for free using the demo version.

Ok, thank you…
Do you have plans for future support and add new features to this plugin?

Yes, off-course - we are constantly working on adding new functionalities to this software. Do you have any specific features in mind?

Oh wow. No. I was just getting my zip from gumroad and installing it like any other add-on. I’ll go through it again as soon as I can and report back. Thanks.

Was it worth to develop this plugin? I sometimes think about that funds for such projects are too small or overtime you team will not get money for the future developing due to one time payment for lifetime support and soon will drop the project…
And since TexTools died, do you have desire and time to take some features from the plugin and embed them into UV packmaster? It would be one UV plugin Blender users ever wanted…

@glukoz Okay I got it sorted out. I didn’t realize there were two seperate files (add-on, and an external optional engine).

Thanks for the Quick reply! Also thanks for the great addon! Normally i would say something like “This should be built into blender… blah blah blah” But in this case i hope they don’t so you can keep making whatever money you are making off this hair saving addon.

Is there some way to get the “Pack to Others” feature to scale the shells that aren’t yet packed so that they fit around the shells you don’t want changed? It’s a bummer to get that error code about there not being enough room when you’d think it would just scale those shells down to fit best.