[UV Packmaster] Efficient UV packing solution for Blender (C++ based, multithreaded)

I also have the 1.9 version from gumroad. Do I need buy the 2.0 version? Was a bit confused as I still use the old one.

In order to upgrade from UVP1 to UVP2 you only need to pay the difference between the UVP2 price and the amount you paid for the first version. See the “Upgrade note” section on the product page for details.

Ah I see and I sent an email about that!

For packing method I wonder if “use alphabetical/numerical order” can be added: your objects will be packed based on their first letter/number of their name, f.e. “1body” will be placed on the left low area of UV (like into a tile), “2cap” will be placed on his right side, “3hely” above the left low area already occupied by “1body” and so on.
If you have two separated objects named as “1body.001” and “1body.002” then they’ll be packed togheter as if they have the same identical name.

Keep in mind that a similar scheme can be applied with the current add-on version:

• select “Groups To Tiles” packing mode
  • use “Object” as grouping method
  • tweak the “Tiles In Row” parameter
  • if you still want all UVs to fit into [0-1] UV square simply tweak the packing box accordingly (packing box determines first tile boundaries when packing to tiles, so if you set packing box to, say, [0.0 - 0.5] x [0.0 - 0.5] and “Tiles In Row” to 2, then 4 tiles will fit into the [0-1] UV square perfectly).

Above method should work similarly to one you described because the add-on should assign groups to object using alphabetical order. The only limitation for now is it won’t be able to treat “1body.001” and “1body.002” as a single group.

1 Like

Links at the top of post sends me to gumroad uv packmaster that this is not for sale.
What is the link to purchase the pro version?
Thanks

In the description of the old version you will find a link to the new one.

Found it, thanks.

Is there a one-step way to pack to two (or more) UDIM tiles with scaling? Packing to tiles doesn’t change the island sizes and using a 2x1 packing box doesn’t prevent islands from crossing between the two tiles. Am I missing something?

Currently the only way to do this is to split UV islands to two groups (for example using two distinct materials) and then use ‘Groups To Tiles’ packing mode.

We will add functionalities to handle such use case better in future releases.

Fair enough… my current workflow is packing to a 2x1 packing box (to get proper sizes) and the pack to 2 tiles (without changing sizes).

May I ask how is this licensed?

I mean is it GPL, Apache, MIT or does it uses some other licensing scheme?

It seems to have a closed source component, so I’m curious about it.

The Python code is licensed under GPL.

The closed-source component (which is being run in a separate process) is licensed under a simple EULA.

I’ll contact you privately :slight_smile:

RELEASE 2.2.7

While we are working hard on new bigger features for the packer, we wanted to release a small update, mostly introducing important bug fixes and minor improvements.

Most important fixes are:

• fix for an occacional crash during pixel margin adjustment
  • fixing islands occacionally sicking out of the tile boundaries.

This update also adds a new parameter: pixel padding. The parameter allows to set a distance in pixels between packed islands and the packing box border. It is available in both packer editions: standard and pro.

The update also changes the pixel margin adjustment behaviour slightly. Now the margin adjustment phase takes place every time when the pixel margin is used, even if the heuristics is disabled. Keep in mind that the adjustment phase time set to 1 second should be sufficient for most UV maps.

The recommendations regarding ‘Advanced Heuristics’ usage has changed - read the option hint in the add-on interface to learn more.

IMPORTANT: recently we changed the way of UVPackmaster setup with Blender. To learn more go to our downloads page and read INSTALLATION-IMPORTANT.txt file.

3 Likes

Thanks for update @glukoz! I followed intructions from txt file, but in the Drive folder is only the addon for download, not the engine archive.

You must download the engine package from gumroad. It is only available for those who purchased the product. If you didn’t buy the product you can still download the engine demo version for testing.

1 Like

Now I understand. Yes, I bought it in Gumroad, I will follow the update now. Thank you

1 Like

Hi!
Thanks for update.
Separating stuff might be a bit complicated for users, why not bundle each version?
About pixel padding - there is no way to use a 0 padding value. In my opinion using 0 value as disabled state is not an option in here.

1 Like

hey guyz :slight_smile:

This addon would really be usefull to me ! I got a huge project ( from wich i earn 0$ preventing me to buy this addon ) and i make huge dirt/light/paintmaps : here’s one downscaled…

I have to confess the hard times i live at making proper ‘smart(lol) uv project’ for my purpose and i thought UV packmaster could help…
No way !

I got the interface at https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1ZxAKmF2Wy69doj_Ypprfbcf30HhAV9vQ
( the rightmost link… yes i’m still on 2.79 )
and the server part, from the same URL, the leftmost link.
… set it up in prefs->addons
… choose the win exe path
and unwrapped my shit :wink:

And the UVs given by ‘smartlol UV project’:

As all of us know the UVs packing is kinda humoristic :rofl:

now here’s what will save my life ( and my texture space and also my maps accuracy ):

Indeed, packing is really amazing !!!

I would just want to get rid of those pesky overlapping !
( the ones i marked with black potatoes )

I guess ( nah, to be honest, i’m sure :stuck_out_tongue: ) i did something wrong x))

but as a 1st time ( moron ) user i think i’m an interresting specimen of those interrested by this kind of addon :wink:

If you need the blend ( i promise i’ll lower text res as 8Kx8K is a bit heavy :wink: ) just ask ^^

Anyway thanks for this really sexy addon !
I just need it ! ( affording it is another story :stuck_out_tongue: )

Happy blending !

EDIT: sorry for my english :confused: i’m somewhat french and don’t master all the english subtleties :wink: