View to SVG script - Update-able? Need expert

Amazingly, this script is still working (been using it since the 2.79 days!). Great script, thread about it found here:

Unfortunately, I don’t think the original author (https://blenderartists.org/u/liero) is around to update this for Blender 3.0+.

I’m not a programmer, so I have no idea how to update the script. As I said, it still works, but some of the original functionality is gone.
Here is what the N-panel looked like in 2.79:

And here is what it looks like in 3.4:

I know it’s a big ask, but is there anyone who can take a look at the script, and maybe get the original functionality working?

Yes, yes, I know all about Freestyle svg export, grease pencil svg export, etc., but those pale in comparison to this script; even in its current form it blows native Blender options out of the water.

Here is the script (the original author stated earlier that anyone could modify it, no problem). I translated some of the comments in the code to English…
export_svg_from_view.py (56.3 KB)

hi Safetyman, thanks a lot for taking the time to check and try to fix the scipt, strangely it works for me -tested in blender 3.41- even if it gives some warnings

the version number in your translated file says it’s not the most recent one, try to get it from first post in the linked thread, it’s the one for blender 2.80

I began a course with some python in it the other days but I don’t think it will be that helpful :stuck_out_tongue:
script would need a complete re write I believe

Thanks for the reply Liero - Like I said, the script works, but I just wanted the options back as we had with Blender 2.79. I really rely on the script quite a bit with my job, but don’t worry about fixing it if it’s going to take a complete re-write.

but I can see all the options here, at least with the export_svg_280 file in main thread…
if I load your version then options are gone for me too, I remember I fixed something related with the animation gui, that may be the problem
please try that version again Safetyman: https://www.dropbox.com/s/keur0yo5w4ipohw/export_svg_280.py?dl=1

1 Like