Vile Metal - A project for a steel cladded dystopian from hell

Heironimous Bosch would surely like this.

2 Likes

Oh man thanks for reminding me of him! He surely got some of the most captivating and inspiring artworks

This is so hellish I love it lol

3 Likes

Yeah he is one of my favs. There is also Bruegal who had a similar style.

1 Like

More progress, just splitting parts and finding a good silhouette.
These guys will also have slinky neck for extra creepiness

2 Likes

More progress, starting to flesh out the innerworking of the aircraft more. Tube like structure now control the movement of the limb and the head

Some blockout of the animation, I’ve been digesting quite a few of Hieronymus Bosch’s paintings lately

3 Likes

More progress on the head, it’s already looking spooky
It spit flames and napalm btw

1 Like

Nearly done with the head

2 Likes

Not much happened today but uhhhh I made the eye red and added some back detail, I guess that count as progress lol

2 Likes

I made a gun, but I had to remind myself constantly that *I’M A GROWN ASS ADULT I’M A GROWN ASS ADULT * because if I didn’t, this happen:

I’ll obviously place it somewhere else, but more progress for the detail for the belly side of the craft:

3 Likes

Silhouette of the whole craft so far, I’m stuck between detailing the arm and leg, then just a bit on the wing and that’s it or more detail on the body.

2 Likes

Been a month since the last update, I was busy with other stuff like freelance work and some challenges, now back with some more progress on the aircraft, blocking out some part for the tail and engines

2 Likes

More progress, changed the shape of the wing, sculpted it a little, I should try to unwrap this one properly then paint and mix the texture on it, honestly pretty much every single piece in Vile Metal was cube projected texture lol

5 Likes

All going well, this guy is different from the rest since he use synthetic hull instead of full metal like the others. Now he also has a face shield, more detail to the tail and wing, upper body,…

And a really DAAAMMNN COOL SILHOUETTE!

4 Likes

The “Sky warden” is done for now, it’s just a nickname though since I plan to turn this into a group of dangerous uniquely designed enemies from the machine’s side. Next step is to do an animation, this is gonna be tough

6 Likes

Building a scene for it, featuring some poor citizen getting completely incinerated

1 Like

Sometimes when I see these “creatures” in art, I will think: Are they evil?

What if they just want to drink tea with us and talk about the weather.

However, this looks like something from the Japanese cosmic horror sci fi series called Power Rangers.

I like it.

2 Likes

More work on the environment, lighting is still HDRI, scene is undoubtedly going to be inspired by Half Life

This is just the perfect vibe for Vile Metal, but not quite enough, like in my main first post I’m more into the old Beta feeling of Half Life more, eastern european architecture combined with grim dark environment is just a massive dystopia vibe

4 Likes

setting up some mood, might need to fill in the background, maybe just a bit with some evil looking structure to make it less empty.

3 Likes

This is absolutely amazing! Truly inspiring. I’ve been away from your project and blenderartists for too long. Didn’t realize that you had advanced so far.

1 Like

More progress with the lighting changes and foreground element, view from a neighbor windows, should open up more opportunity to animate the windows just flapping around when the Warden swoop in, giving it more of a “landing force”