Villa near the river

Hi,
Found some time to start a new personal project playing around with Octane standalone 2.0
Modeled with Blender
Rendered with Octane standalone 2020.1.RC3

96 Likes

This is really great !

Can you share some “Making-of” tips ? I would be interested by the way you scattered plants all around :slight_smile:

Thanks !

3 Likes

Thanks Jérémiah,
I don’t have any Making-of but I should think about :wink:
To scatter plants and stones in the river (for that scene), I’m using Blender particles with weight paint to select density areas. The plugin I’m using allows me to export the particles as instances to be used with the Octane Standalone version as I have a preference for that version rather than the Octane Blender plugin.
Thant’s my workflow but there are several tools to make scattering easy with Blender 2.8, I’m still using Blender 2.79 for now but will consider to switch when my specific script will be ported on that version.

2 Likes

Great as always!

1 Like

Incredible work!

1 Like

I featured you on BlenderNation. Stay safe, and have a great weekend!

2 Likes

Hi Bart, thanks for that :wink:

2 Likes

simply amazing !

2 Likes

Welcomeback Octane’s ArchArtists! :slight_smile:
It is long been time that you didnt posted stuff like this. I think you always use DL Cache instead of PathTracer. Why? Just for faster rendering?:slight_smile:
As @Jeremiah_Ravry said, you put all skills for Making videotutorials or behind-the-scene like content to improve or “piar”(a little bit horrible I think) of yourself on increase Octane’s or Blender itself popularity. I know bunch of artists as you that make sense this and help to other guys with “some” helps to improve community skills. :wink:
Just my opinion. Nevermind if you ignore.
Regards,
Odilkhan Yakubov.

1 Like

Hi there,
It’s a while now that I don’t use DL anymore for final renders but exclusively PT and this since I upgraded my cards :wink:
As I’m doing this in my spare time beside my full time job, I prefer to dedicate that time (selfishly) to work on personal projects instead of preparing technical notices or even to pack all the models I created for selling them. By the way, I have no secret recipe and I’m not using any specific or magical function, all is done using basics except some extra tricks like the one I used for the fog and I already explained how it works.
If one has any question, feel free to ask I would be glad to answer :wink:

2 Likes

As I remembered you used your own script on creating trees and stuffs like that, is it? What is that script?

Indeed, some years ago I wrote a tree generator script on the basis of a simple script I found and that was for Blender 2.49, a bit tricky to use and not very user friendly but it does the job for my needs. All the trees in my scenes were created using this old generator :wink:
I tried to port it in Blender 2.7 to share it but I had to re factor all the UI and it is a huge work, so I stop it. In the meanwhile, the sapling function was available as well as other scripts but I’m still using my old stuff :wink:

2 Likes

What about using @BD3D 's Scatter, @Yukon 's Graswald, @Maxime 's Modular tree or The Grove 8 tree generator addons? I’m not installed it yet but from public responses it occursing me that it very nice tools.

2 Likes

Yep, those are all great tools and I experimented some of them, as said I’m still using Blender 2.79 so not a solution for me at that moment :wink:

1 Like

I’m using 2.79b too and 2.83a too as well. :wink:

1 Like

You’re on the #featured row! :+1:

1 Like

Allright - all together now - CY- CLES! CY- CLES!

2 Likes

ahaha that’s true @enricoceric did you tried E-cycle ?

with RTX cards it’s really promising

2 Likes

enricoceric I have never seen a better exterior render than this. Good work. Thanks for the incentive. Your old bar brewery scene is just as impressive.

1 Like

Thanks Bart :wink:

1 Like