Volvo p1800

really nice , the choice of this car is good.
i started to do hard surface modeling very recently , and i know how unforgiving a car paint shader can be …ur topology is very good.
keep it up.
ps ; can u please show the wireframe evolution .?

Hey Malhomsi,
thanks a lot :slight_smile:

What do you mean by wireframe evolution? The process of how i got to my current state?

greets

sorry i was not clear here :wink:
i wanted to say the current wireframe.
thank u :slight_smile:

Looking awesome, I was going to say more but I kept drooling too much looking at the car. Super clean and nice work.

Thanks again Flyingbanana, very kind of you :slight_smile:

And here are some wireframes for Malhomsi. I actually had the objects seperated, and I am using a mirror modifier.
I Just applied the modifier and combined the objects for the images.

Attachments

Very clean. :slight_smile:

More details added. (logo on the back and side, lights, door handle, side window, side mirrors and beveled edges on the car body)

Attachments

More views

Attachments

lovely !!! the car paint is awesome ! what light setup r u using please?

Thanks, nothing fancy for now. Just a simple HDRi, and the car is placed in a dark grey “bowl”, to restrict the reflections a little bit.

But I think I’ll set up a studio environment for the final render.

thank u for ur answer :wink:

Looking good!

Great lines :slight_smile:

Thank you both :slight_smile:

Nice work!

Thank you, Lautaroigl :slight_smile:

damn, love this clean surfaces! good work!

I love this Volvo P1800. Great mode and render strapazie :cool:

Thank you both, Eric Fondane & MARTS :slight_smile:
Unfortunately I don’t have much to show since my last post. Just added some little details, and the wheels (not textured yet)…
Actually I am pretty much finished with the outside. I am really scared of starting the interior, never done that before.

Very hard to even find 10 minutes to work on this project right now, and if I have time I rather spend it to get some rest.
But that will change soon, and I will be able to focus on this one again. :slight_smile:

I think I’ll stick with this colour, I kinda like it.

WOW! Looking great! And yeah I like that color on it too. I feel your pain on the interior LOL That’s what my deciding factor was on not going with T-Tops for the Opel GT, too much interior work needed. Wouldn’t be able to just get away with a dashboard and a steering wheel with some seats. It looks great though and appreciate the input you have given me on better car modeling. Can’t wait to see additional progress when you get the time. Keep with it.