Voronoi Linker addon – Node Wrangler killer!

Hi, I have made an addon that greatly simplifies life in the node editor. The Node Wrangler will no longer be needed.

Quick preview:

gif

More gifs

gif

gif

gif

gif

Donwload here:

Trailer:

25 Likes

This is beautiful work!!! Great job and thanks for making this.

1 Like

This seems really cool- but A, there’s no documentation, and B, the first two lines of your code say this:

!!! Disclaimer: Use the contents of this file at your own risk !!!

100% of the content of this file contains malicious code!!1

I’m inclined to think you’re joking, but it’s not a joke that encourages adoption of your work :wink:

Wait…What? He is joking, right?

1 Like

Well, there’s no documentation at all, so it’s quite difficult to say. I’m not going to download it

Where did you read this? Was it on the gitthub page?

Generally, I recommend reading over Python code before installing it, as it’s quite a powerful language that can easily jack up your computer

1 Like

Thanks for the heads up. Thank goodness I almost downloaded it.

1 Like

Is this a joke? Really?
“100%” => absolutely every line!

import math – it will destroy your computer!

def DoPreview(context, targetSk): this function will download all existing Trojans to your computer!!

def HideFromNode(self, ndTarget, lastResult, isCanDo=False): this function will make your computer smoke!11

So I think it’s true…
Someone report a complaint against this suspicious @ugorek for spreading malicious code!1ъ

1 Like

They’re your words, not mine. If you’re not happy with how your words are perceived, use different words

It was a joke?

Most people are not familiar with programming language. You have done a very excellent job with that addon but if you feel you want to leave it in, its your choice.

Especially with what happened to Blender’s website very recently. People are extra careful.

First think about this: nobody knows for sure if the BA-user ugorek and the GitHub- user ugorek000 are the same person… and then: usefullness of source code comments…

Hmm… maybe when the comments are not in cyrilic ?? And maybe also in english ??? So any possible user may understand this… ??

Even the github page has a cyrilic Disclaimer and the wiki is in…

( And maybe you know how some russian or chinese applications are seen in some parts of the world ?? … not saying anything about this myself…)

Even what is shown in the video could be something comletly different… ( afain: not say this about this addon… but…) … have you ever heard of bad behaviourous software ??

So… to just avoid all this “dark” thinking it is a good idea to make all this transparent… for a possible user… understandable usage documentation and also proper code comments…

( and maybe also claiming to better, simpler , easier than something else… is… not very diplomatic… ) …but this sure looks interresting :wink:

* there should have been a lot of positive reviews in this topic, but one user decided to look into the source code, and something went wrong… *

I have some suspicion that sometime in the future my addon will be built into Blender by default, and/or the VoronoiLinker concept will be part of Blender C++.
Someday you will hear more about me))00)0

You also forgot to compare my YouTube channel https://www.youtube.com/c/ugorek000/videos

P.s. cool video: https://youtu.be/G9vfXgWsRfE?t=64

1 Like

This may be so…
…but now it seems a bit… IDK…

And i’m sure the blender foundation want this in english too… :person_shrugging:

Also i do not understand why the problem lies in the fact that someone had looked into it a bit closer… i mean: it’s not hidden at all… ( ← but then… this would be be even more arkward…)

That’s really cool interior mapping. Are you using a shader or geometry nodes?

No. The answer is here:

2 Likes

Ok. Thanks.

No i didn’t… (and i even do not undertstand what you mean by this) but if you want other to know then you may add this in your profile… here and on GitHub and whereever… so people know…

See ?? Same problem… if you want the world to know this… then you might just give this info “more straight forward” and in the language (and alphabet) which is mostly used on any communication platform you are using :wink:

On one hand, I’m sure no one has anything against the addon itself (provided it works as demonstrated, I dunno).
On the other - you should try seeing it from others perspective.
What reads as a funny and carefree introduction and comments, if you fluently speak russian… is just a mysterious script for the rest of the community. For all people know, it’s in some orcish Black Tongue. // It’s not like Google Translate even exists, after all :slight_smile:
And, as someone mentioned, with recent attack on Blender sites, people are getting extremely suspicious and cynical :expressionless:

That said, I understand this is a personal work, but if you want to include the non-russian-speaking community on the fun, it maybe worth to meet them half-way and spent some time on proper presentation.
Maybe release a cleaned up code later, with comments in English and 70% less jokes (and don’t forget to wear a formal suit at all times)?
I’m sure people will appreciate it enough to not throw tomatoes at you :+1:

4 Likes