Wal-Mart is evil...

well i shop at target, its far better of a store. have you guys ever heard of not shopping at wal mart? i havnt set foot in wal-mart for 2 years, and i havnt suffered for it, not even a little bit. Super Target is like 5 minutes from my house and its a far better shopping experience.

Unlike you, shopping doesn’t amuse me or make me feel good about myself. The point, which of course you cannot comprehend, is that WalMart knowingly (but indirectly) uses slave labor in China. Not always, but nonetheless they use ‘cheap’ labor. US manufacturers are supposed to compete with Chinese companies that impoverish their people. This causes US manufacturers to shut down, go bankrupt, downsize, or move their operations to Mexico or China.

The manufacturing sector lost more than three million jobs between 1998 and 2003, with 2.7 million lost since the immediate pre-recession year of 2000.
http://www.epinet.org/content.cfm/briefingpapers_bp149

I used to work for a very large Wal Mart supplier. I know how they operate.

Take a look at the links in my previous post. It’s not a matter of “just don’t shop there”.

Unlike you, shopping doesn’t amuse me or make me feel good about myself.

did i say it amuses me or makes me feel good about myself? no. looks like someone needs to learn how to read:p

better shopping experience= short lines, easy to find what you want, better customer service, nice atomosphere, organization, clean store, etc…

but honestly china is still going to use slave labor, wal-mart or no wal-mart. it the remains of a failed communist goverment. if a damn store offends you so much, dont shop there.

Seems you like shopping enough to keep ‘pimpin’ your favorite store, do you not? I rest my case on your first comment.

You’re one of those simple minded folks, aren’t you? You haven’t commented or tried to refute any of the links and data I provided for you. I challenge you to do so now. This is your opportunity to refute the evidence that’s before your eyes. If you decline, I will assume you haven’t a clue regarding the principles this great nation was founded upon. In other words, you are a typical new-American stooge, a useful idiot, if you will.

Walmart is evil(fact). That is why I do not shop there. Help your community and shop at the mom and pop stores, put the walmarts of the world out of buisness.

P.S. shutup.

Everybody is entitled to their opinion. Keep from getting personal, or they will lock this faster than a bank vault. Focus on the topic and not the posters please.

im not ‘pimpin’ target. its like this

circut city vs best buy- i like best buy
office max vs stappels- i like office max
walmart vs target- i like target
army vs marines- i like army
xbox360 vs ps3- i like xbox360
vanilla vs chocolate- i like vanilla

your one of those insane folks arent you S_cross? im not simple minded, i just dont let a god damn store offend me so much, for the last time ITS A STORE! are you going to get mad about the population of gray hamsters over brown next? the answer is so obvoius, if you dont like the store dont shop there, but wal mart has a right to be a buisness. in other words your a typical hyprocrite-american stooge, a useless emotional idiot if you would.

Sorry, but your post actually offended me.

He DID refute your links and data. He did it so well you never even noticed. I find it amazing how blind many people here can be.

Especially with your claim that Wal Mart uses cheap labor. Wal Mart does NOT use cheap labor to manufacture stuff, CHINA does. And Wal Mart simply buys the cheapest products, so that they get the highest possible income. If Wal-Mart went down, guess what: China will STILL use cheap labor. The manufacturers that make stuff for Wal Mart now will STILL exist, and CONTINUE to operate. Wal-Mart has NOTHING to do with it. It just buys the stock, and that is IT.

Edit: And, when he refuted your data, he even made it entertaining, and you STILL didn’t notice!

tynach

Especially with your claim that Wal Mart uses cheap labor. Wal Mart does NOT use cheap labor to manufacture stuff, CHINA does. And Wal Mart simply buys the cheapest products, so that they get the highest possible income. If Wal-Mart went down, guess what: China will STILL use cheap labor. The manufacturers that make stuff for Wal Mart now will STILL exist, and CONTINUE to operate. Wal-Mart has NOTHING to do with it. It just buys the stock, and that is IT

me

but honestly china is still going to use slave labor, wal-mart or no wal-mart. it the remains of a failed communist goverment. if a damn store offends you so much, dont shop there.

thank you
s_cross is simply firing his mouth off before he makes sure his brain is fully loaded. the answer (like ive said before) is simple, wal mart has a right to stay open and be a business. its not the only organization which purchases chinese products. however as an american you have the right to simply not shop there if it offends you.

If you mean “insane” as in caring what happens to this country and it’s people then yes, I plea guilty. That means I care about you too.

I noticed you keep on ignoring the facts and links. You have proven you are indeed what I claimed. And now you have the nerve to call me a ‘hypocrite’ and ‘emotional’, when you post almost incoherent ‘emotional’ drivel such as this.

I only hope you take a look at the links I provided. It won’t kill you and you might learn something. Remember that things are not always as simple as they seem. When we support mega-corporations such as WalMart, we should be aware of the consequences. (And in this case, there are many).

I apologize for making you (or anyone else) angry. All I ask is that you seek a deeper understanding.

And all I ask is you read our posts in a deeper level. DO NOT take anything we say for what it seems we say on the surface.

Personally, I’ve learned to analyze every sentance I read as I read it. Slows down my reading a bit, but its not noticeable. Being able to say a lot in a small bit of text is a very good skill to learn, along with learning how to “Decode” other peoples’ text.

I also realize how fast I’m able to read your posts. Congradulations on making it easy to read, S_Cross.

and you know that i didnt read your links? i guess your standing right behind me S_cross? you might care about our country, but trust me wal mart is the least of our worries.

http://freethoughts.org/archives/9-11-n.jpg
http://www.theage.com.au/ffximage/2005/08/05/0508zawahri2_wideweb__430x323.jpg
http://www.internationalheralddailynews.org/bin%20laden.gif
http://www.causes-of-terrorism.net/images/taliban2PT.jpg
http://www.quikmaneuvers.com/sitebuilder/images/IRA_Terrorism-321x259.jpg

I honestly don’t care if it offends you. No rebuttal was ever made. He avoided the issue entirely.

I realize that WalMart doesn’t use ‘cheap’ or slave labor directly. (Unless you count the minimum wage earners they employ in the States). I erred but I rectified it in another post. Nevertheless, the outcome is still the same: Wal Mart promotes Chinese poverty.

Let it be known though that I’m not necessarily concerned with what happens in China. It is unfortunate, but I’m really more concerned about what happens here. Just because China likes to mistreat their people, doesn’t mean it’s good for us to take advantage of it. It’s a moral issue, and you should know that.

Now, I’m not going back over what I already stated. Take a look at the links I provided. They’ll explain it much better.

Thank you so much Tynach. :slight_smile:

Thank you so much Tynach.

pretty sure tynach was talking to you S_cross, not me. shows how much you read man. it was pretty much a sarcastic argument to what you said. you just proved you only “read the surface” its hilarious

in addition, a news article floating around the internet dose not persuade me. china is poor due to the fact that they took the hard end of communism (cuba, north korea, and vietnam included)

if china is willing to produce goods, why souldnt we buy them? oh i know! lets give no money to china, that way the chinese goverment can magicly pull the money they need out of their butts and hand it to the citizens.

[quote=NJROTC;969648]and you know that i didnt read your links? i guess your standing right behind me S_cross? you might care about our country, but trust me wal mart is the least of our worries.
/quote]

Sorry, but the old ‘terrorism is going to get me’ schtick isn’t going to work. Neither is ignoring the subject.

So you’re just “pretty sure”. OK, I’m not sure either, maybe the poster will explain. Perhaps it was sarcasm.

So you’re just “pretty sure”.

again, sarcasism… you dont know how to read into somthing.

Sorry, but the old ‘terrorism is going to get me’ schtick isn’t going to work. Neither is ignoring the subject.

i must have forgot fighting wal mart is more patriotic than fighting terroism. and i havent ignored anything, all my posts included wal mart and how they arent hurting no one. you obviously cant read…

See that’s what I mean, there are other factors to consider. You keep ignoring them. We shouldn’t buy them (Walmart shouldn’t buy them) because of human rights violations. We shouldn’t buy them because our manufacturing base is leaving this country. A country that doesn’t produce anything loses strength. Understand?

In addition, I gave you links to a congresswoman, bloomberg, the washington times, and other prominent orgs. They are hardly what you call “floating around”.

congresswoman= not impresive
bloomberg= wtf?
washington times= bias
prominent orgs= “floating around”

dude give it up. your a hyprocrite. your not reading into my posts. i have read your stupid articles, that doesnt mean your right, it dosnet mean your wrong, and it sure as hell dont mean i agree with you. the US is not going to lose power due to wal-mart, man your nuts!