What are your favorite add-ons?

It seems that every day I learn about a new addon so I was thinking what addons is everyone using, I mean which ones are a must-have for you (free or paid, doesn’t matter)? I wish there was a central site where all of them are listed…

2 Likes

19 posts were merged into an existing topic: Post your top Blender add-ons

Seems like GoB is for Blender-ZBrush work. So you’re using both Blender and ZBrush? Transportation add-on looks cool.

I bought ZBrush originally as a supplementation for Cinema4d.
I didn’t like their texturing tool, called Bodypaint and the
sculpting abilities of C4d were /are very basic.

As I got ZBrush anyway, I still use it together with Blender
and GoB works great for my basic needs.

As for Transportation, yeah, it’s nice to have.
A good range of Vehicles with some parts that are not found that often,
like bikes and bicycle.
You also get a library with preview and quick access to a lot of HDRIs.
(useful even if you don’t want to use the vehicles)

On the other hand, though the exterior of the Vehicles looks good, the interiors are quite basic.
E.g. for close up renders and/or for animating of car doors you need to do additional work.
But you get a good base to start with and detail renders of car parts isn’t the purpose of
this addon as it would slow down the animations.

1 Like

Do hops and fluent work together?

There are a lot of cool add-ons out there. Which ones do you like / use, and why?
Most of the ones I really like are geared toward economy of polygons on some level. Or anything that saves time and effort. I recently tried PRO metals, which is a fairly new material system for metal, featuring several accurate base metal types and having options for aging, scratches, dust, edge wear, and some other stuff. So I will submit that as my current favorite. I don’t really have >A< favorite, so I’ll just say it’s among my current favorites.

1 Like

I never heard of RBF drivers, but that sounds really handy.

1 Like

I highly recommend checking it out if you do any kind of rigging. It’s more on the pricey side so it may or may not be worth it based on your use case

3 Likes

Time is money, so if it saves time, it pays for itself in a sense.

2 Likes

Absolutely rbf drivers, I always thought I will never tackle drivers and stuff until this add-on comes along…and suddenly now I can do it, doing it all the time and now wondering…wow, why was it so badly designed in the first place.

3 Likes

Merged with previous topic, to avoid multiple threads about this subject.

2 Likes

Being predominantly active as a character modeler / sculptor, here are the external add-ons I always add right after a fresh Blender install:

In case I’m working with the Octane Blender build, I always install Node Wrangler Octane.

9 Likes

Oh Yes yes yes !
Retopolizing Manually now, EDGEFLOW IS A MUST !!!
I will DIE and Quit Blender if EdgeFlow is no longer supported.
Support the Edge Flow Developer !!!

3 Likes

My favorite add-ons are B music player, Pomodoro Timer and To-Do Tasks Manager Pro.

Yes Quad Remesher is a must have !

If can just bolean stuff and remesh automagically.
Does an almost perfect job.

Hope there would be something as good one day in Blender. Cause at least for a hobbyist like me, I don’t really have time/patience to do manual retopo and don’t care if topology is not 100 % perfect.

Here is a very good comparison of Auto vs Manual retopo. By Arrimus 3D.

3 Likes

I haven’t tried this, but it looks pretty intriguing…basically a cross between rigify and auto-rig pro, but comes bundled with LOAds of animations. 3.1 + not supported as of yet…

2 Likes

Looking at it, it looks like they took all the (free) Mixamo animations, re-targeted them for the Rigify rig, and are now selling those for 30 USD? If you want to buy that, I’d buy it now, before it gets DMCA’d by Adobe…

3 Likes

Interesting. I was wondering where all those actions came from.

3 Likes

Come to think of it, I recognize one of those actions from “The Sims” game. The action that occurs when the stove sets the house on fire.

1 Like

Oh that’s even worse for the add-on developer… EA is nasty with their DMCA notices :thinking: I’m getting off-topic so I’ll restrain myself here to saying I’m surprised that add-on has lasted this long

2 Likes