What computer do you use to Blend?

I have blender installed on my laptop for now, Toshiba Satellite with Pentium 4 (don’t know the speed), 256 Mb ram, 40 Mb harddisk. Maybe I’ll move it to my office workstation (AMD Athlon 1.2 Ghz, 512 Mb ram, 40 Gig hd).

I’m looking forward to install it on my big machine I have for music and 3D stuff. It’s a dual Athlon Pro 2300+ with 2 Gb ram and a dual monitor setup (two 19 inch), 80 Gb harddisk, running WinXP Pro. Currently I can’t use it though because I needed the two monitors for two other workstations and it will take some time before I can replace them :frowning:

What?
Were they still working?
If so, you should have told me, I’d have made you an offer :x[/quote]

you serious? LOL

well i took the ram from one and jamed it in another mates computer, took the HDD out and put it in mine (mine can take 10 HDD’s)

and then its being smashed. and the other one is just shitty.

i have access to like 10 700Mhz machines that are for sake, and to be honest its not worth buying computers that old.

i am buying a new computer in dec 2005

Alltaken

Alltaken

pentium IV 2,4 GHz
512 ddr ram (333 or 400 mhz, can’t remember)
gf4 ti4200 128 ddr

and the other, not mine but have blender there also

amd duron 800
256ram pc 133
geforce 2 MX 64 mb

runs great in both :slight_smile:

I yet gotta wonder how I managed to deal with Amorphium and 65k tris models in a pentium120, 32mb ram… still have that one…and the 286…

Pokey, slow, and paid-for. :stuck_out_tongue:

If this takes off, I see a dual-CPU Macintosh G5 in my future. :smiley:

It’s not so much a picture of my setup rather than my desktop… I’m connected to the 4 other computers (my personal home computer isn’t turned on so I couldn’t get to that one). Because they’re on different subnets, I can’t use Broker and RenderD, so I calculate the frames each computer should render through equations in excel that take into account the speed of the computers. It then generates a batch file for each processor and puts them in a network space where they can get to them. A batch file looks like:

START /BelowNormal blender -b Walkthrough.blend -s 46 -e 77 -a

Anyway, my sceen

(notice I’m using BLENDER when I have a shortcut to MAYA in my quicklaunch toolbar :stuck_out_tongue: )

windows 98 %| :expressionless:
amd athlon Xp Processor 1700+
512 ram
and some 128mb graphics card

Should i be ashamed using windows 98?!

Windows xp

512 ram

64mb ATI All-in-wonter Radeon 8500dv

2.4 ghz Intel Pentium 4 proscessor

I think I have a pretty good system, except the gfx card :stuck_out_tongue: .

Random

Windows XP Home
2.79 GHz
512 mb of ram

GE Force FX 128 mb

17" flat LCD

Optical mouse of course (wheels are extinct)

You mean track-balls?
I have an optical mouse too but I keep a track-ball one around incase it has driver problems or I have to reinstall all my software to the HD.