What is this console/terminal message Blender now opens on launch ... config\userpref.blend?

Blender recently started opening a Terminal window that reads Read prefs: C:\ … config\userpref.blend. If I close it Blender closes, it doesn’t seem to indicate any error, but can anyone tell me what it is and how to prevent it from loading this unnecessary window?

It looks like this.

I reinstalled Blender and first launch, it was fine, after restart it has started opening this Terminal window again…

I foind this: https://blender.stackexchange.com/questions/251460/is-this-console-message-high-priority-prefs-blah-userpref-blend-traceback-mos which suggests it may be something to do with a missing Add-On, but I don’t know how to perform a ‘Traceback’ in Python / Blender.

(I feel like this is unrelated, but it first happend it after I installed some old Direct X and MS Visual C++ 2010 to run an early 2K Unreal enginge program).

Any knowledge or advice is appreciated, thank you.

I’m not on windows… but there was this post:

some hours ago…

1 Like

Hey thanks for that, that wasn’t exactly it, but it is the same problem and the solution is in that thread toward the end… cheers!

I just discovered it today but using blender-launcher.exe instead of blender.exe prevents the opening of the Console window.

1 Like