What side effects did you get from the vaccine?

Don’t come on here with your conspiracy theories… this isn’t the place.

2 Likes

If only there was some way of searching for clinical trials results…

Well whaddya know: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/different-vaccines/Pfizer-BioNTech.html

3 Likes

I removed @sundialsvc4 's comment - BA is not the place for posting conspiracy theories.

6 Likes

Astra Zenica for me 8 weeks ago. 1st one gave me zero side effects afterwards and I barely even felt the needle going in (I think that depends as much on the skill of the medic as it does on anything else). Second one coming up this Friday :+1:

My wife also had Astra Zenica (1st one only so far) and it wiped her out for a day and a half (she said it’s like a bad flu only much shorter, or a really bad hangover only lasting longer). Her 2nd is coming up in June but she feels her body will be better prepared having had a bad reaction 1st time.

1 Like

Feeling quite good now. I only got 6 hours of sleep and I have plenty of energy. Much more than when my immune system was in overdrive.

After both Moderna

Morning, Day 5

Stuffy nose : Mild
Soreness in neck : Very mild
Arm tenderness around injection site : Very mild

I don’t know why my nose is more stuffed up than usual. It could just be allergies, or if the vaccine affected it, or it could be a small sinus infection from having my immune system working on the vaccine.

Moderna. Made me a bit dizzy.

Got the Moderna. No symptoms after the first but after the second dose, I had minor basic cold symptoms that lasted 24 hours, and a little soreness in the shoulder.

Recently had someone in the house who has covid. Five days later I got tested, no covid. How about that, the vaccine did it’s job. Take that anti-vaxers!

1 Like

Glad it went ok for you. My wife just got notice that she is eligible for a booster (Moderna). She is immuno-compromised so I’m glad she’ll be protected.
I hear a lot of anti-vaxxers say that you can still get Covid after getting vaccinated, so why take it? No vaccine will protect you 100%, but these mRNA vaccines will most likely keep you out of the hospital, and almost certainly keep you from dying.

2 Likes

I had Pfizer. After the first shot, I had very minor muscle fatigue in my arm. With the second shot, I had slightly more noticeable muscle fatigue and a strange little rash near the injection site but that was it. No fever or anything like that.

first shot astrazeneca in april, a bit of a sore arm and feeling tired the next day. i had a bunch of anxiety around the reports of clotting, to be honest, but i’m still glad i got it since cases were super high at the time and i wanted to do my part to protect myself and the community. i got moderna for my second shot (they approved mix-and-match in canada). i had next to zero side effects (despite warnings the switch might intensify things). my sister also had moderna and was pretty knocked out for a day after the second shot. parents both got pfizer, no reactions after either shot.

AZ - Received first jab back in 31st of May, (Australia) negligible side effects aside from mild itching and redness around the injection site however some ‘pain’ was definitely felt via my wallet, by getting hit with a $100 fine for parking unknowingly in a permitted zone opposite the vaccination hub.

AZ - Second jab two months later, symptoms were slightly more acute, a few days of feeling nauseous, painful right arm even culminating by dinging the company car after sideswiping a fence while reversing when disoriented which I’d attributed too the vaccine.

Pfizer, nothing that I actively noticed.

Pfizer. Noticed almost same both time, only pain in the arm the same day of the jab, the next day:

1st dose:
Headache: A bit more than Mild (I was doing some mentally exhausting work that day)
A bit of a head spinning feeling in the morning but just noticed mostly right when I woke up.
Sorenes in the eyes like when you sleep too much, althought that day I woke up sooner than usual to go somewhere.
Some arm pain.

2nd dose:
Late at night felt some shivers, I stayed up later since I didn’t have to wake up early next day.
Heachache: More mild since I was just chilling that day.
Eye soreness: The same as the first time
Arm pain: A bit more pronounced but dissapeared more quickly

I’m in my 20s and my blood type is 0, allergic to gramineae, nuts, dog and cat epithelium.

@ [Renzatic] Don’t worry, me either, both shots, nothing different from any other shots I’ve had in the past…

1 Like

Yup. Same. It made my arm a little more sore than usual, but for me, it wasn’t any worse than your average yearly flu shot.

The only strange thing is that I do have a little discolored spot on my upper arm where I got the 2nd injection. Figured it was just the microchips coming to the surface or something.

2 Likes

Did your magnetism increase? I noticed that when I walked down the street, the mailboxes would turn and watch me. :rofl:

1 Like

Hate to tell you this, but mailboxes would do that even before the vaccine.

The mailboxes are always watching. You just weren’t aware of it until now.

2 Likes

I got vaccinated with Pfizer last July 2nd and 26th. My neck is still sore until now.

My whole body just got sore especially my left arm (where I got the shot)

i got 1st vaccine Astrazeneca, no side effect at all. no soreness, no ill, nothing at all. yet, i don’t have further plan for 2nd vaccine though.

2 of my friends got Moderna but the effect was various between them. 1st person was just ill for couple days and later got healty again. 2nd person got ill too but unfortunately diagnosed covid and had to be quarantine for 2 weeks. i think it is because every person has different body immune.