whatever happened to Agent 327

I’m curious we’ve seen the teasers, what is going to happen next.
However it has been quite for a while now.
Did the movie got produced, will it be in cinema or on DVD ?

Whatever happened to the Cosmos Laundromat too?

It feels like the institute has been aiming too high lately

You find the answer in this video when you jump to 46:05:

They started with the next steps, like the script writing and they consider how to best fund it.

They failed to fund the full Cosmos Laundromat and scaled it down because of that with the option to continue in the future. For now they moved on to other projects.
Cosmos Laundromat aimed too high, that’s for sure. As far as I know, it is the only one which aimed too high.

Nah the Institute has always aimed ‘too high’, that’s the whole point. To push the boundaries of what they can do, and even if they fall short at least they deliver as much as they can, basically.

Interesting talk. Glad to know I am not the only one who struggles for years to get an independent film made. But an interesting note. Inevitably, Blender has to go commercial to compete on that level. Maybe Blender will always be free. But they are talking about creating fairly large studio to create commercial Hollywood level feature films. Essentially Blender will be funded as an in-house production tool through large commercial multi-million dollar feature film projects. They even have a Hollywood agent now, and just like anyone looking to make films at that level have decided to look there for - not only story help - but possibly money as well. Next stop: A List Talent to do the voices. That, like it or not, is almost definitely going to be required to secure any Hollywood cash. So, if they can pull all of this off, you have your answer. How can Blender compete with commercial software? Going commercial of course.

So it is just interesting how even the most independent and rogue organisations or individuals, no matter how altruistic they start, always wind up going the direction of money to survive.

I wonder how many Blender hardcore users will consider this selling out…lol.

I think the blender foundation should dust off blender game engine, upgrade it to use eevee and kick out a game,

but they should do it using BA and a series of contests,

First: Best story/gameplay design
Second: best rendition of the protagonist
third: best rendition of the anatagonist
forth: sub characters pack (NPC)
fith: sub characters enemy

etc

this way the community makes the art and the BF backs it up with code.

(or you know the same thing with a movie IDK )

whatever happened to Agent 327

He went rogue and had to be retired.
Agent 328 was assigned the hit.

I meant aiming too high by not being able to reach the funding goal.

Pity. I wondered the same recently but I couldn’t find any info on the status of CL. It’s still being advertised as a work in progress in every search result I can find.

making a movie is a hard work, only those who tried it will know it , and not to mention developing the blender , all of those coders artist animators , thy have a life too , and it,s admen too hard to work without , a payment

It’s too bad that Agent 327 is not available in the US, I really like to read more of these stories. :frowning:

This cartoon was too racist, so no one wanted to spend money on it.

You can clearly see that everyone though exactly that in the YouTube comments and ratings too.

RIP Cinema
1878-2018

Maybe the fact that the character is not that well known outside of the Netherlands is hurting it a bit to get funding for a full movie, also from my observation spy related things movies, books etc kinda of don’t resonate that much with generations later than Gen X, People who were born when the Cold war had ended or was ending.

Almost like that hasn´t been tried before. Oh, wait:
https://apricot.blender.org

The feedback was very positive, that’s why I don’t think the character or theme is holding it back. My impression is that the Blender Animation Studio is actually preparing the production for Agent 327. They are working with writers to get the story and they are looking for investors. At the same time, they are moving to a new office with more space where the Code Quest is going to take place. After that, they are going to have plenty of space for more artists to work on larger projects.
I am pretty sure they are not going to start the project before 2.80 is out, but I am pretty excited to see they are taking steps to make it possible.

Cosmos Laundromat didn’t have a charismatic character. He was a middle aged redhead. Some early drawing depicted him as a cool dark haired teenager. That would be much better.

somewhat off topic, but I have to agree…also without reaching beyond your grasp from time to time…you never get any better…It is one of the best ways to improve something or improve AT something.

It has the sheep. But in few minutes is hard to know a character. I wanted see the next episode.