What's your big project right now?

Besides the 3D stuff I do at work I’m currently creating a character named ‘Klaus’. I started him to learn more about Blender’s particle hair, skin lighting, texturing and huge render times :).

Some of you might have seen him here >in the WIP forum.

Thorsten

I got some pretty good idea for the city of Alexandria. A cityscape, what else? :stuck_out_tongue: Still thinking either I should put it as Illustration or 3d scene…I’m guessing there will be less competition in the 3d scene category…I’ll see once I get some sketch going :slight_smile:

I knew it!

small paying jobs (one left, then gotta find more), magazine articles (one left to do), preparing for bconf and the week after, finishing a still I started and stopped on before I went to Argentina. All of this is getting in the way of getting a little personal animation project of mine off the ground. Oh yeah, working on my website behind the scenes- nothing to see there but 50% of the template and two blog posts. Background was in blender though ( freefactory.org --shameless plug )
oh, and who wants to bet basse’s animation turns out awesome?

Trying to make a real-time interactive front-end for LAMMPS http://lammps.sandia.gov/

At this stage it’s pretty much a pipe dream, but I’m working hard on learning everything I need to pull it off.

It’s going to be a long, long time.

I’m working on a naval battle scene with a pirate ship versus a battleship. I’ve just finished the water (cogfilms tutorial), but now I have to model the ships. I’ve looking online for models of them, but no success :frowning: It will take many many hours to finish this.

i’m working on a commercial animation for an airport. Should be fun. haveto make around 30 animated people strolling around a busy airport. big Mooola :slight_smile: Sheesh. I know how you feel JoOngle, I’m sure I’ll burn out.

Its all good though. All Blender too:)

Greenlig

I was working on somethings, but now college has killed all my freetime. I’m in class 3-5 hours a day plus 6 hours reading in the library and 2 additional hours reading on the bus!! It’s crazy, I take a break from time to time to check forums and eat food.

Now I must get back to reading Hamlet and finishing a lab… :eek:

I should have stuck with 3D, but “no” I had to taken on biology, chemistry and honors course on humanities.

im working on comercial short animations :smiley: (getting payed to…)

I’m working on the same kind of scene with pirates too, but instead of the battleship I’ll have an brittish ship.

Fantasy and Sci-Fi book covers for a big italian publisher and a new animation, “Evolution” (currrently half a way).

umm… I’m working on my sims game.
And a irc bot.

Haha! Can’t have just one… Let’s see:

1. Animation tests for the XTIN project
  2. Character modeling for an in-house short (tentatively called “Melvin”)
  3. Trying to complete the second MagicMan animation before the Bconf Art Festival deadline
  4. Assorted commercial work so I can afford to eat and have a place to live while I work on the other three :wink:

I’m supposed to be working on a collaboration for a short movie called “Duck Falls - The Drake Escape” with some brazilians. But the communication is patchy as I don’t speak any poruguese! :frowning:

I’m finishing up a 3d introduction dialogue to a video montage on a trip to Grece I made this summer with school (small group around 25). So I have a 3d character that is speaking an introduction dialogue (lipsync, movement and so on) The animation is finished. I just have to make final touch ups on the greek temple behind it and a fly by of it.

I’ll post it when I’m done

Too much - some commercial, some voluntary.

• Design and modeling on a big new SW fan-film (NDA’s all around, so nothing is public, voluntary)
  • Design and modeling for an online RPG game (commercial, not my own site)
  • Various big walkthroughs and flybys of construction projects for a Spanish construction firm (commercial).
  • Conversion of several of my big prize / award winning static images into animations for a commercial HD demo-DVD.

And when you have commercial work - you’ll probably never have time
to complete the other three :rolleyes:

Oh well…it pays rent & food!

And when you have commercial work - you’ll probably never have time
to complete the other three :rolleyes:

Oh well…it pays rent & food![/quote]
Haha! Yeah, tell me about it. [Un?]Fortunately for me, I don’t sleep a whole lot, so I find the time.

Currently got my programming hat on as I’m working on a blender script to make chain driven sprockets (similar to S68s mechanical gears script).

All this came about as I decided to try modelling a bicycle chainring - didn’t expect to end up programming a python script! :smiley:

Brian

Currently working mostly on my webcomic project - The Adventures of Dr Mephistex, though I’m planning on finishing off my old damselfly picture at some point.

I’ve also been brushing up on my Solidworks skills in preparation for a university design project. Not blender work, granted, but once I’ve created a model in Solidworks I’m going to import it into blender for some visualisations.