Who can create a 'Best of Blender Artists 2022' graphic for us?

Howdy! We’re all set to launch the voting process for our yearly ‘Best of Blender Artists’ tomorrow. I’d like to give it some extra visibility by publishing a large site header, but I need some help to prepare a graphic for it.

If you’d like to contribute, please post a 2156x400px graphic with the following elements;

• Mentions ‘Best of Blender Artists 2022 Voting’ in our regular font (Arial-bold)
  • Shows our logo
  • Your name or username in the bottom right corner

If we end up choosing your design, we’ll make sure to credit you in the announcement. If we do, we’ll also ask for the original Gimp (preferred) or Photoshop file so we can create the winners announcement graphic ourselves.

Thanks!

8 Likes

When do you expect submission? I blocked out a concept already but will need time to texture it…

Tomorrow before lunch, Amsterdam time?

1 Like

I really want to propose something, but I struggle to understand if you would prefer an artwork type of graphic, or something more traditional that would be considered as graphic design (something looking like the advertisements on this page) :thinking:

2 Likes

Hmmm :thinking:… more a prove of concept… and not a real big idea… something like this was already seen elsewere or even here on BA ???

(It’s maybe not even including every featured artwork… just scrolling throught the featured tagged images while screen recording, cropping, scene change detecting images, trash some “nearly douple”, resizing and tiling with ImageMagick… and some editing with Gimp)

Because i’m not a designer… i’m not even sure if this is the correct logo (extra layer)… and i do not have the ariel font installed because i’m on linux… (the text shadow is a simple layer copy with drop shadow with… oh the values doesn’t reshow… just a little playing to have more contrast…).
The last rectangle tile was accidently at the right bottom and empty (what a coincident… 139 single images with ~5 to ~9 featured artworks with a 28x5 tiling) and my logo may be little too big… (it’s on its own layer… Gimp 2.10.22 2.3 MiB) here is a JPG preview… :

So a lot of dunno’s…
Happy blending and happy holidays.

2 Likes

Well, I think I’ll go with this one, a more traditionnal one, I have to get some sleep, so I don’t think I would have had the time to do an “artwork” kind of graphic…

I’m not a graphic designer either so…

4 Likes

@bartv in time before lunch… and maybe the last time for me to touch blender before christmas :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@Kazrarr I like the color and design! I’m not 100% sure we’ll be allowed to use the Blender logo though - the Blender Foundation can be quite strict in its use. I’ll check with Ton.

@kaamura It’s a cool graphic, but I don’t think it conveys the message very well.

2 Likes

That’s all I can give you for christmas @bartv, a cool picture and a (too) subtle message… :saluting_face::man_shrugging:t3: :sweat_smile::wave:t2:
Have a good one!

1 Like

This is my small contribution. I hope you like it.

1 Like

i hope you like it …

3 Likes

@Kazrarr Ton gave me the :+1: on your use of the Blender logo, so we’re good to go!

@mohsen.raei I like your version too, so I’ll swap it out after a few days.

Thanks for the help!

3 Likes