Who can create a ‘Best of Blender Artists 2023’ graphic for us?

Howdy! Once we launch the voting for the ‘Best of Blender Artists 2023’ around December 24, I’d like to give it some extra visibility by publishing a large site header, but I need some help to prepare a graphic for it.

If you’d like to contribute, please post a 2156x400px graphic with the following elements;

• Mentions ‘Best of Blender Artists 2023 Voting’ in our regular font (Arial-bold)
  • Shows our logo
  • Your name or username in the bottom right corner

This is the graphic we picked last year; for inspiration also see our call for content.

If we end up choosing your design, we’ll make sure to credit you in the announcement. If we do, we’ll also ask for the original Gimp (preferred) or Photoshop file so we can create the winners announcement graphic ourselves.

Thanks!

8 Likes

The ba logo’s currently showing Ukraine colors – that too, or do you want standard color? If you want standard color for the banner, would you please add a ba logo graphic to the topic? I can’t find one. :confounded: And you’ve got 2022 in a spot you meant to say 2023 above, “Mentions ‘Best of Blender Artists 2022 Voting’ in our regular font (Arial-bold)”.

Edited again to add: you want animation this year?

A logo files set could be useful for anyone that want to partecipate

1 Like

They don’t have the files. They’re also not looking for a refresh which would allow them to actually have the design files.

Neither of these things are true, nor do you have any basis to make these kinds of statements

1 Like

It’s what Bart told me.

There seems to be not much info about the BA logo… (?) except:

and some other "“suggestion of change”…

Funnily enough … i just now found this… about the “old” version… and name… :smile_cat:

Ohh… wait… now my tired brain is starting to fireing some synapses… silly me… :crazy_face: yes the “sources” (SVG) for the logo… i even posted a reply here…

Okay, barring better baLogo resources or other info popping up, here are my submissions:

Used Blender and Inkscape for graphic resources creation, GIMP for everything else (including text), files available on request.

Edited to add: New and Improved! Replaced original submissions above with versions using @joseph ’s baLogo resources, replaced render of the Blender Community Badge :asterisk: with snazzier caustics, and reworked the composition because the old one wasn’t working like I intended. Since Bart seems to have answered every question in the topic except mine about which version of the baLogo he wants (UkraineSupport or standard orange), so I’ve again made both versions.

:asterisk: WARNING: this artistic (or “artistic”) rendering of the Blender Community Badge gratuitously violates the Blender Foundation’s Usage Guidelines.

Edited yet again because I managed to flip the UkraineSupport colors in the ba logo in the UkraineSupport version. :person_facepalming:t3:

2 Likes

I have a SVG vector of the standard orange logo on another computer, I’ll share it later this evening if I can find it

2 Likes

This site header graphic offering seems fun!!!

ba logo and tagline …

Harabara Mais by André Harabara freemium found over on dafont dot com …

For the larger letter shapes … ba … rendered at about 172pt
For the smaller letter shapes … blenderartists dot org … rendered at about 110pt

Bitstream Vera Sans by The Gnome Project freemium found over on dafont dot com …

For the smaller smaller letter shapes … Home of the Blender Community … render at about 26pt

I recreated the entire ba logo and tagline … as a typophile geek and former mod over on the amazing but defunct typophile dot com I solemnly almost almost swear that the above freemium fonts are what was used to render ba blenderartist . org, and, Home of the Blender Community.

1 Like

Ooh, nice! Can you share your recreation?

1 Like

Yeppers! If you throw the original over this image the only mildly diffs are the g and the overall plumpness / scale of the original massaged(?!) letter shapes of ba , and, blenderartists . org

:black_heart: :black_heart: :black_heart:

1 Like

Here’s my SVG:
ba
Should be identical to within a couple pixels- and will obviously scale at any resolution

Also a PNG, if that’s preferred:

And lastly, a minified (2kb instead of 3kb) SVG:
ba(1)

3 Likes

@bartv Just a heads up:

In the bullets of the first post: 2023 instead of 2022 (just in case people use copy paste from there)

Mentions ‘Best of Blender Artists 2022 Voting’ in our regular font (Arial-bold)
Shows our logo
Your name or username in the bottom right corner"

2 Likes

Good catch, fixed

2 Likes

@joseph Thanks

That’s odd – neither of the SVGs you posted seem to be downloadable. I can see them, but neither clicking nor right-clicking on them gives a usable option. Got the PNG, thx, but if you could provide an alternate download link for the SVG I’d appreciate it.

Right click, open in new tab, right click again, save as works for me (as does right clicking directly on this site and > save as)… but try this: https://blenderartists.org/uploads/default/original/4X/a/e/6/ae6056c7722da35c84cda77e43756228986ed3c8.svg

1 Like

Is this to be completely static graphic? Or is animation permitted? Thx.