Who is the most famous Blender artist in the world?

Who is the most famous Blender artist in the world?

Does Blender have an equivalent to like what Michael Jordan was to basketball, or what Muhammad Ali was to boxing?

1 Like

Andrew Price. Love him or hate him, he is the public face of Blender and has been for years. Type in any Blender search to any search engine or video platform and his face will pop up in the first 5 results every time.

1 Like

I think a better question might be who is the Blender artist whose work is the most famous? Andrew Price has become famous through his tutorials and Poliigon, not through his artwork. Off the top of my head I would say Ian Hubert.

2 Likes

If you mean @ndy, which I think is the same person (scratches head) He has done a great number of well known art works, and in the earlier days was quite well known on that basis. In fact he and Bassam singlehandedly made Elephant’s dream, which was the first Blender feature project. (edit) single handedly with the assistance of Ton Rosendaal.

I think it depends if you mean “famous within the Blender community” or “famous generally”- I would say Ian in-community, but I know people who’ve never touched Blender that can recognize Andrew Price and know he’s a “Blender guy”

Meeeeeee ! :stuck_out_tongue:
:rofl:

1 Like

Many professional artists use Blender in some context, so I don’t think there’s really a one “Blender artist”, just really great artists that utilize Blender to achieve a good result as a part of their pipeline.

I reckon for those of us that are into cars and such like, probably can’t honestly go past Chris Plush - that dude is some kind of polygonal sorcerer in dealing with class A surfaces.

famous or not :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I like this question but felt it needed a little tweaking - I created a spin-off topic off here:

6 Likes

None of you have probably ever heard of him, but he worked for a little known company from New Zealand, and modeled the face of a little known character

Bay Raitt, living legend of the CG world, modeler of Gollum, and passionate Blender user. :grin:

7 Likes