Why the benchmark of 3090 Ti is lower than 3090?

normally it has more cuda cores and better performance, and reasonable higher price…

It is same GPU silicon, but with more unlocked cores and higher clocks.

Vertical - score, horizontal- separate benchmarks - in general line should be flat

For some reason 3090 TI dont seems to get consistent results(silicon lotery). Best 3090 TI’s indeed are fastest, but by average are slower cause there is a lot slower 3090 TIs

Similar thing is with 4080 and 4080 Super that theoretically is faster, but in Blender it tends to be slower.

Not sure why this happens.

1 Like

sorry to post here, but i can’t open a new thread any one know what can i do?

I think another reason is maybe 3090 Ti use the special PCIE 5.0 power supply, though we all know that official TDP is 450W, but without 4 small pin you can’t unlock 600W power supply, that’s a reason is can’t work in the “perfect” condition.

To compare chips itself You could to find Benchmark made by hardware revievers, that test those GPUs with identical test platforms:

source: pcgamer.com

source tomshardware.com

source benchmark.pl

source hardwaredb.net

source pugetsystems.com

As You can see, they get consistent performance advantage of 3090 TI over 3090. Even using same OpenData benchmarks, but difference is not huge.

So i don’t know what the real deal, with so low number of standardized benchmarks its just easy to get screwed results.

Hi and welcome madame wohoo (lol)
From the FAQS…

How can I create a new post?

1. Navigate to the appropriate category, like Finished Projects , and click the ‘New Topic’ button on the top right of the page.
  2. Enter a title and message. You can drag images straight into the editor to upload them.
  3. Optionally, select some tags.

Why is the ‘New Topic’ button grayed out?

Each topic needs to be in a category, so make sure you’re in a category first. Also, you can’t post in ‘top level’ categories like Artwork - select the appropriate sub-category first, like Finished Projects.

Do those help?

I bought a new PCIE 5.0 power supply, then a get 2 new benchmark scores which were 500 points more than older benchmark in blender 4.0 and 3.6 version, seems more reasonable for 3090Ti. But the TDP is not so much more (480W max) than connection with 2 PCIE power (I use the Greatwall power supply with 1250W, each PCIE power can offer 300W+ power).
Hope this can help some of the artists who bought 3090Ti or 4090 GPU.
https://opendata.blender.org/benchmarks/560c26c9-eff1-4dd0-89aa-743b7eca2db0/
https://opendata.blender.org/benchmarks/63745954-a9fc-49b3-a8c8-a845017d8edd/