Wikileaks.

Appears that transparency can do harm in this scenario. While the internet has achieved this to some extent, it could be understandable that not information should reach all “public”. But then again, no wars have been started with the internet, where everyone has a free voice, to some extent.

You can’t separate the private from the public, you can try but I don’t think you will succeed, So might as well not listen to what “Society” thinks about me cause I know its all going be vein anyways.

It’s sorta weird timing isn’t it, the rape charges. I mean, if they’re true…

Wikileaks is fairly neutral as an organization i think. I mean, people have to look past the recent hubbab and look at some of the other things it’s leaked.

Personally I doubt that the rape charges are true. They chose rape because it requires less evidence to convict someone for it yet it is a very serious crime.

However, I am entirely impartial to what he is actually doing in this case. History will tell whether it was good or bad. It is a huge risk, one that may change history.

In general i think that the system needs checks and balances, and the real question is who is policing the police? I think wikileaks is the modern day group filling that role. The problem is now just how people will use the information as an excuse for things they wanted to do all along.

So far i think it is a bit of a non-event in terms of international relations. Most people are shrugging it off and laughing about it. Even the ones with comments about them.

Those who were working outside the norm will find they have lost their jobs, good stuff! they probably needed to due to some improper actions.

Military secrets aside, I’m looking forward to the bank reports that will take down two banks: nobody is monitoring those guys, and they are responsible for more US citizens dying and loosing their jobs than any other group, they just do it while hiding behind a contract rather than a gun.

They rake in the benefits while other people “Like me” loose there minds. We know its an act and we know theres no such thing as progress. As we speak of it, the dads are calling there sons a bastard as they move to Mexico to spread the wreath. But if you end up touching the forbidden fruit don’t be a shame, truth is they set you up.

Werent those rape charges dropped? It was a set up 100%.

IMO its only NASCAR loving religious America that gets all worked up over wikilinks as it shows all their stupidity and ignorance.

Wikileaks is, overall, evil. I can agree with the motivation for transparency in government, but releasing information that destabilizes the War on Terror, helps the enemies of democracy, and (most importantly) imperiling the lives of American (and allied) soldiers is fundamentally an evil act.

Wars are created. Afghanistan has minerals and drugs. They needed them.
Iraq has oil. They needed it.
Iran was next.
When disclosure comes, when transparency comes, you will learn how you were presented artificial/created events to make you think it was a right thing to do to start this or that war. Because if you are said that a group and an evil man are continually planning bad things against you and then you see two towers fall down after impact with two planes and in just an hour you are presented in TV with the solution: start a new war in Iraq, you absolutely agree as you did that we must to revenge the two towers killing as many iraquies as you can.
Wake up. When you do you are going to really freak out for some days of all what they did with your support they had.

(sorry for the multipost)

(sorry for the multipost)

Do you have proof that WikiLeaks destabilizes the “war on terror”, helps the “enemies of democracy”, and endangers the lives of soldiers? If so, please post it here, otherwise you’re simply making baseless assertions.

Also why did you put “and allied” in parenthesis, as if it was an afterthought? Are allied soldiers less important than american ones for you?

Irony: today’s Wikileak was about how the governments of the world are too incompetent to shut down millions in funding for terrorist networks. But now that they’re embarrassed, they’re competent enough to freeze funding for Wikileaks.

Way to focus on the main target, guys. Is it any wonder that Osama Bin Laden’s free?

All that aside, I think we should brutally execute Julian Assange for leaking Valerie Plame’s cover, which caused a significantly hindered US spy network. Oh wait, that was Dick Cheney…

(in other news, TOS says no politics)

The only point I have to make here is this.

Even if a lot of the info posted by Wikileaks was actually a public service that would have a positive effect on global stability and put a lot of conspiracies floating around the internet to rest, Assange would still have to go to jail for more conventional crimes (like the alleged sexual crimes) if it was proven he did them.

I’m not going to go into all the political stuff related to that (even though Alltaken didn’t lock this thread for the potential to be very political), just saying a general, more neutral statement on the matter.

hjmediastudios must be an avid Fox New believer otherwise he would not make such comments.

There is a reason why the US government does not accept the International Court of Justice in Den Haag.

They might then have to send quite many of their soldiers and personal to there for war crimes they committed.

For example thanks to the military guy and Wiki leaks the world got to know how much the pentagon covered
up the execution of Reuters reporters and how inhuman the pilots talked when they killed civilians.

How could one nation’s government say they bring democracy and then people like my mother in law does
not understand why the world hates the US (Government).

They can say about Wiki leaks what they want - at least they publish some of the stuff we would otherwise
never have gotten a proof for.

Umm…

And this is found where in the diplomatic cables that were released?

Aside from the fact that Iraq was invaded for failing to cooperate with the UN on the issue of WMDs that is. Though it probably had a lot more to do with them trying to assassinate Dubya’s daddy than anything else. Well, that and the Carter Doctrine.

Oh, and it took a couple of years to get folks motivated to invade Iraq unlike Afghanistan which took, what, a month or so before US troops were on the ground.

Yeah, yeah, I know facts aren’t that important to the conspiracy theory crowd when they can just spout off about The Great White Satan™ and have other nuts believe them…

I’m surprised this thread isn’t locked yet.

If one person is killed due to the actions of Wikileaks, then they are in the wrong.

As for diplomats calling each other names when they aren’t in a meeting together, it happens all the time.

And the pilots, nothing new there. No nation that has bombed cities talks nicely about the people they are bombing. Just look at WW2, nobody bombing nice there, Axis or Allies. If you think they do, I got some swamp land on Mars I’ll sell you. Cheap.

Remember, evil is live backwards, good and evil goes hand in hand, its the imbalance that is causing the conflict. We all know the one that will bring peace to the world is the one that destroyed it. How do I know ? Cause the first will be last and the last will be first. If we truly want to see evil all we have to do is look at our own reflection. Its a part of us.

Wikileaks is like a shot you get at the doctors office…

At first it hurts, but your stronger because of it.

I hear that Chinese leaders look themselves up to see if they are beloved by there people. Could you imagine ? I suppose that in the end we are all looking for a piece of ourselves.

http://www.opensecrets.org/

Who is representing your best interest?