[WIP]Bevel after Boolean

F9

In HEADER

2 Likes

Thanks for the info!! :+1:

Ilya any thoughts about something new?

Thoughts are always there, but there is no realization

2 Likes

So let share your thoughts at least. There can be a discussion about them. Through the discussion there can arise new ideas from the users too. :smiley:

Intersecting strips and open ended line bevellings, for example: those two are a challenge. So, any ideas about them?

Where in bab_v_0_3_0_0.py do you set the number of segments for the round off radius ?
You can set how β€œwide” the radius is, but how do you set how many segments are within that round fillet ?

loves
so great.

3 Likes

ΠΈΠ·ΠΎΠ±Ρ€Π°ΠΆΠ΅Π½ΠΈΠ΅

At the moment, I have no ideas on this subject (except voxel)

1 Like

Voxel? What do you mean?

Voxel remesh
There is a possibility that I misunderstood the question

Hi @Rodinkov_Ilya,

I just rediscovered your powerful add-on, and added it to my top add-ons list. :+1:

I’m wondering: is there or will there be a Github page for BAB, so we can star that and watch it for updates? I’d welcome that. I keep an eye on most of my favorite Blender add-ons that way.

Thanks!

3 Likes

I’m glad my add-on are being used

At the moment, I think my code is not good enough to post it on github
In the next versions I will think about it.

3 Likes

Some successes:

• bmesh, not pipe, not bool with pipe
  • Smoothing intersections, smoothing each side independently
  • I can make an independent radius on each side
  • A lot has not been implemented. But the process has begun

Some problems with connecting parts

12 Likes

To be honest, I did not understand what you mean by saying β€˜Smoothing intersections, smoothing each side independently. I can make an independent radius on each side.’ Ilya. It would be good to have a short video explaining what you mean.

Red dotted line. Side a and b

7 Likes

Yes, see it : you mean that the distance that each side have from the boolean seam in the center could be different.

This is a brilliant idea! If we had something so it would be great, indeed! :smiley:

This is really looking awesome! I’ve been using this add-on a lot lately and it’s helped me out on some tough shapes. This new stuff sounds like it would help in places where you need to refine things tightly.

Oh wow, this looks good

Small test of preview:

14 Likes

That looks great.
Apart from the independent bevels, are there any other advantages of not using the pipes?
Is the speed better?