[WIP]Bevel after Boolean

I did not test the speed, because the addon is not ready. I check it in parts.

More control, fewer self-intersection fixes (2 loops), no need to jump between vertex groups, and between modes. I can try to make a more equal bevel (g1 instead of g0)
It should work better. Including with low poly meshes
The old method failed:

9 Likes

Thanks!
I can’t wait to try this new version.

Will this new method also work better in different scale?
For example, current version has sometimes problems with smaller objects and I have to make objects bigger to make it work.

I will try to improve the situation. But remembering your examples, standard modifiers did not work for you either

1 Like

WOW man just WOW, Very impressive addon, Very good bevels,. Thx for this, ım sure very useful. Looks like My Old Love, Catia CAD Bevel is back :heart_eyes:

Judging by the latest images it seems that BAB can have some further function too: that of offsetting freely any selected loop (be it a boolean seam or not) on the surface of an object. An offset tool that can slide loops all over the surface of an object without being hindered by the edges that confine it.

Imagine what modeling opportunities can offer such a tool in combination with the loop bevelling means of BAB! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Ilya any news? Some testing version, something?

Nothing new at the moment.

5 Likes

This plugin is so close to be being perfect -
Is this still being updated?

1 Like

Yes. Sometimes it is updated.

2 Likes

I have a Crash with Blender 2.9.

Blender 2.90.0 Alpha July 12, 23:23:28- f319eec88186
BaB - version": (0, 3, 0, 0)
Looptools are activated

Error: Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "E:\Blender\2.90\scripts\addons\bab.py", line 279, in invoke
    return self.execute(context)
  File "E:\Blender\2.90\scripts\addons\bab.py", line 378, in execute
    curve, bool_obj, transfer_obj, slice_obj  = prepare_in_obj(self, context, src_obj)
  File "E:\Blender\2.90\scripts\addons\bab.py", line 1656, in prepare_in_obj
    bpy.ops.object.modifier_apply(apply_as='DATA', modifier=src_obj.modifiers[0].name)
  File "E:\Blender\2.90\scripts\modules\bpy\ops.py", line 201, in __call__
    ret = op_call(self.idname_py(), None, kw)
TypeError: Converting py args to operator properties: : keyword "apply_as" unrecognized

bab-error.blend (832.3 KB)

@NewVisitor

Looks like some python changes to modifiers.

Change

bpy.ops.object.modifier_apply(apply_as='DATA', modifier=src_obj.modifiers[0].name)

to

bpy.ops.object.modifier_apply(modifier=src_obj.modifiers[0].name)

remove any other

apply_as='DATA'

PERFECT!

Many thanks AFWS

1 Like

Is it possible at all to have the boolean objects live while the fusion is on?
for example it would be amazing to be able to modify the cutters while the bevel is applied, as opposed to collapsing the boolean,i know we have the “Stop” functionality but say for example i want to modify a boolean shape from 3 actions ago, or if i wanted to modify the bevel strip after applying the action

1 Like

This cannot be written with a plugin. For such features, need to write a modifier.

2 Likes

Having the non destructive Live Bevel after boolean feature, such as HardMesh, which the Maya has, would be an incredible add-on.

Ilya the v. 009 link is not working. Have a look at it please!

I have updated 1 post.
The link should work

3 Likes

This is the same way Hardmesh works in Max, but it’s using the modifier stack.

2 Likes

I love the add on but I agree with what everyone has said here. It would be amazing to have it dynamic more like HardMesh. That would be something I would definitely pay for!

2 Likes