WIP:Cyber Generated Artificial Intelligence

yo whats this game thing gonna be called…we need a name and also we would have to change the thread name to that too.

HOw bout:

“Cyber Bots”

“Computer Generated Artificial Inteligence” (i’d have and awsome animation for the CGAI)

“Modern Threat”

“Autonomous Disaster”

there’s just a few - while i am offline i’ll work on a couple animations (for credits, opening sequences, and such) plus make the spider bot, and a sample hud sprite.

Also i’d suggest that we make a low poly version of the game just to get everything working then make a higher poly version for the final version.

is there anyone else helping at this game?

me u and Nor.J its good enough like that :wink: were all good :D. anyways this isnt gonna be a game its just takeing blender to the full potential or something like that lol :P. j care to help pick a name?

i like the first and second the best and the animation idea for the second was:

a cool build effect or something of CGIA (the letters nice and bold) then at the end hydraulic noises are made and an unlatching sound then the letters seperate and pull out the rest of the name with them (very professional) and then perhaps the CGIA (which would have been reversed) rotate to the correct orientation. Then perhaps the “Real FX Studios” endorsement (i am not saying you have to use my company name but it’s available if you want it!) pops up (like being hammered from the backside of metal) then to the game menu …

we need a simple website ro something for when it is finsished (just a page or so and maybe a tiny forum or message board for suggestions) then link elysiun to it every time we get an update or announcement!

anyway fiddle around with it - i am working on the spiderbot! :wink:

ok nice idea’s post me a pic of what you got. i as thinking we could jus do what r2blend said about having a sticky in the game engine forum and we update it with new maps and stuff , we could have the game on page one .

ya that would work or maybe if it is really good we could get a column in the specials section here at elysiun! and update it monthly!

like i said the first step is to make a low poly version for testing then up the poly count and then make a map for the first month then for the next month have a downloadable version where you download and update (posted along side the download for the game itself) and the update contain the new map and robot and then from a ingame menu you select which map and robot to use. That way certain robots might be more suited for certain maps than others!

about the aimations and stuff i won’t have them for awhile but i’ll work on them while offline then when i come back online i’ll share them with you guys! got to blend now! :wink:

i didnt notice you posted i was waiting for you to lol… well i was thinking we could have a maps folder and stuff and you drag and drop it in there and you can load it automatically when you go into your map selections same with robots.

oh you mean like in you download a map from the link and you save as to the map file and then when you launch the game it automatically finds the maps for you to select from? ya that would work but what happens when you have and update menus or you find a bug and you update it?

I HAVE POSTED - :stuck_out_tongue:

have you posted yet? lol yea i ment that lol, so theres a folder called maps, and you put your maps in there and t loads i didnt know i i explained well.

no you explained it great! i have a directory architecture as follows:

C:\Real FX Studios<i>Game Name\

inside this folder go:

\Developer

and

\Root

aswell as the shortcut to the .exe and the manual on how to play and a link to the updates aswell as the thread designed to discuss the game.

inside Developer go:

\Maps
\Robots
\Textures
\Sounds
\Misc

These files store the .blend version of each map, robot, and the .wav files, jpg images, and any miscellaneous files (.avi, the like) for the developer. This means that these files would only be included in a developer version (version designed to allow the player to develop there own maps and robots plus alter the prexisting ones by just changing the textures)

inside the Root go:

\Maps
\Robots
\Sounds
\Misc
\game.exe

this directory stores all the executables files. Same as above only in a format readable by the game itself not be blender. The game.exe would be the actual game executable that the shortcut links to.

i don’t know what type of file format the game could view to load the robots and the like from a menu selection but i am sure that there is a type available.

the above achitecture is what all my games use because it is simple to add new games to it and because all of the developers can have the same directories so as not to have to reassign variables and locations plus it is easy for the game to locate its components.

tell me what you think of this idea and we’ll precede from there - oh and so do we like have a name yet?

later! :wink:

wow yea thats exactly the idea i had and our name? i dunno what were they what bout cyber antics? :stuck_out_tongue:

thanks -> i am always organized!

i dunno what were they what bout cyber antics? :stuck_out_tongue:

come again!?

i was thinking the CGAI which could also stand for Cyber Generated Artificial Intelligence!?

cyber antics :P. CGAI computer generated artificial inteligence :P. Cyber Generated Artificial Intelligence i s pretty cool tho. should we use that? and the nick name is “cyber antics” :D.

oh i gotcha! sure why not!

i got a friend (friedbrain) who is joining so he can take my place as i go offline.

while i am offline i’ll be working on the spider bot so don’t work on that if you don’t want to be wasting your time cause mine is going to be awsome!

later hyper cyber ants! :stuck_out_tongue:

ok freidbraine welcome to our conversation literally its been me and prince talking for 4 pages care to join lol?

i know m8 - doesn’t that just stink! where’s this norj?

here is what i got in an hour of work with only 560 some verts (!?)

http://img66.exs.cx/img66/8901/SpiderBot.jpg

http://img66.exs.cx/img66/9398/SpiderBotAbove.jpg

http://img66.exs.cx/img66/5689/SpiderBotFront.jpg

i’ll get textures applied soon and the four leg supports will be connected with a solar panel over them (don’t understand - wait for pics!)

it isn’t gorgeous but for a game model it is awsome if i do say so myself! :stuck_out_tongue:

yes its awesome dude really nice . as for NOR.J he’s abit busy on something so he wont be participating much .

thanks! :wink:

no problem dude. can u post some ingame shots?