WIP Parliament of Drakes! NEW TO DO LIST PG-7

here’s your dragon xd http://img220.imageshack.us/img220/4795/nybitmappsbild3qr3.png

whoops! here is it with packed textures:

and nice dragon!

Attachments

water demo.blend (684 KB)

Good dragon, but it needs horns on the head and spine spiky things. maybe some massive teeth and horn thingys coming from the chin.

Sorry ive Been gone ran into baby problems last night…

NICE JOB ON THE DRAGON!, Its nice when you have conceptual documents to follow huh?

Dont worry guys im getting it all put together for stuff for us to do for this first area.

I have to work again today, but I will be responding from work. I was able to hack the server for the time being to get here during…

See you shortly
Terry

I sent you a PM also :wink:

Have fun at work!

Hey guys,

Listen they got me on lock down here at work… I am having to use a proxy server to get to the forum, im sure they will fand that one soon too.

So if i don’t respond right away is cause im having a hard time getting here I may not be able to at all…

I have the next 3 days off so we will be able to put our nose to the grindstone.

That dragon looks good but keep working on it, find as many ways as possible to make it look pretty as you can. If you have to go a few more polys to make it look better than do so. like claws and feet and spikes and teeth. Im not saying it looks bad, but it can use a little flair. its ok to spend more polys on the dragons cause theuy are the main characters.

Jesusfrk - Ill write a tutorial on how to get the heightmaps from L3DT into Blender. There is also a tutorial already on L3DT website in the help and tutorial section.

Yes we do need all those positions, not this moment, BUT if you wanna work on some stuff while were getting ready, all the stuff on the TODO list For Ghenghan needs done for now. It will definitely put us ahead of the game (so to speak)

BUT

I had an idea, so I wanna try something new that I haven’t seen done here on the forum yet when it comes to games… we can do this until we get everyone together and get specific tasks, or we can do it all this way!

I call it Asset Frenzy Challenge Attack 2008 LOL!

OK

Everyone go read B3D00s tutorial on trees, http://blenderartists.org/forum/showthread.php?t=132928 . Follow his final examples. Check out how I did my model at the end there, download my model and look at it. Its the same as his with the way they are built, except I made instances of all the parts as I put it together so you can change the vertex colors and the Texture on the fly while placing your trees.

Here is mine;
http://blendershare.servebeer.com/newblenderforum/index.php?action=downloads;sa=downfile;id=2

Generally before I start placing my leaves Ill make 3 copies of the main clump (Shift - D) I will then instance those (alt - D) and place the instances on the tree. One at a time like the tutorial says.

And the Challenge!!, is for everyone to make 3 different trees, by the end of the day. use at least one of each example in B3D00s post.

Post 14

AND

Post 15

One Small tree - about 5 meters tall 250 poly or less

One medium tree - about 10 meters tall 500 poly or less

One large tree about 20 meters tall 600 poly or less

It cant be the same tree scaled, thats no fun. If you download the one I made there are textures on there you can use. If you do the instancing the way I did it, we can hot swap the textures all we want, use B3D00 textures too!!

Ok thanks!

sooooo, am I required to do this?

daaaaaaaaaaam. Good stuff. Hope to see this move along well.

curlystraw - it wasn’t about HAVING to do it, it was about fun! And no, you dont.

Doesnt look like anyone else did either.

TO ALL - If you want to join and help out PLEASE pm your email to me so I can send you instructions for my chat server, we cant get going until you do this.

Thanks!
Terry

So far;
BleedForMe is on the team officially

I would like to have a go at a dragon too, but I’m not sure what my poly-limit is.

is there anything I can do? Give me a task and I’ll go at it!

Okay, I’m no leader of any kind, but as Nickadimos said earlier: model 3 trees, one smaller one, one medium, one large… see that post for polycount limits. Have you sent him a pm? or are you just going to help out without being on the team?:stuck_out_tongue:

I don’t know if you are aware of this software for generating foliage, it was used for all recent top titles in game industry.
Unfortunately it’s not free.But is really great!
Still you can use the images there for references.

yeah, either that or we could just use treegen, and use the decimate modifier on it heavily

but the tutorial looks good too, so let’s just go with that

I appreciate everyone Zeal Here. I really do.

But please trust me guys, we cant move forward until after we all get together and talk about this!

I didnt get this far, and I havent failed in 8 months cause I jumped into things.

“Follow me and ill lead you into your dreams” Ralph Waldo Emmerson

Terry

I’m having an argument with pidgin “ping timeout” was his argument then I said, reconnect then he said: “windows error 105968# unable to connect” or something, so I’ll keep trying to convince it to connect.

yeah keep arguing!

lol
Terry

Yeah I will, untill it will work, what’s the polycountlimit for a dragon and what style dragons do we need?

You not responding to my emails/pms =]