Wip realistic female

Edited ***

what a crazy time, new house, kid on the way and all this C orona shit…

oh well here is a little image.

its nothing finished and no face hair yet, hair is not even half finished, eyes is templates, roughness map is a mess etc. But thought it might me nice to see the progress from this to well better… :smiley:

*oh ye former images been altered so much so i just deleted em.

all comments are welcome.

38 Likes

The picture is amazing. Did you sculpt it with blender?

1 Like

Off to a cracking start, as always! I do like a good Rybergs thread!! :smiley:

1 Like

hello Peter long time no see ! … haha well i will do my best, BUT i had a computer crash , soo been trying to recreate som file, and well im not there 100 % yet, but had an old file and updated it a little.

will post more progress soon ! cheers

1 Like

Hello mate, and thanks! i have sculpted in zbrush, but did the basemesh in blender. Main reason I sculpt in zbrush is becouse i can go up and down the subd and keeping the forms, its comming to blenders multiress soon and when it does i will sure try it out ! cheer s:)

what a crazy time, new house, kid on the way and all this C orona shit…

oh well here is a little image.

its nothing finished and no face hair yet, hair is not even half finished, eyes is templates. etc. But thought it might me nice to see the progress from this to well better… :smiley: oh ye former images been altered so much so i just deleted em

so far - this

to this

3 Likes

changed some stuff around agien but have not seattled for the look.

now they eyebrowns,eyelashes etc is gonna be implemented… the eyebrowns now is just paint and will be replaced… have a little work on the skull above the eyes but just some minor tweaks… cheers

just a small update still got along way to go… cheers

i think your lighting its a bit too strong, try decreasing that…

1 Like

Also eyes is too white. Make it darker. Hair is too stright for my opinion. Good luck.

1 Like

Really really great start, quality stuff!! Here’s a paintover, the big things that jumped out to me were
0) eyes and nose moved down slightly

1. eyes, too white, too contrasted, iris on the small side, needs eyelashes
  1. a bit more noise and color in skin, redder cheeks,
  2. chin could be more rounded, less pronounced, up slightly
  3. more pores, veins, get rid of scar on side of mouth, looks diffuse only.

3 Likes

Zup photox, ye Iagree still lots to do, like the paint over. there is some changes Done to the model u painted over and the one ive got now with the hair but y good changes ill get on that.

1 Like

Hello guys, so here is a little update, so i guess the overal shapes are done. just played around with some eyelashes, fixed some forms, adjusted the iris and darkened the whiteness in the eye.

next up is better texture on the skin, and gonna bump up some bumps and discplacement.
ye and the hair is for right now only the first layer so more fuzz and buzz is gonna get in there aswell.

4 Likes

hello guys so still lots to do… but here is a little snipbit of the progress… all comments are welcome ! cheers

Changed the nose a bit, made the skin texture a bit more correct, still have some more to do on the color and ofc the main hair… the renderman sss is still hard to manage in my opinon. right now its undet the bottom lip and some on the eyes…

just to super simple edits to show of the skin

2 Likes

Hey, really nice progress!

I definitely like the look of that second one more - a little more interesting, and the eyes really pop.

I don’t know how far along or set you are on the composition, but a more interesting lighting setup would give the portrait a little more depth, as currently, everything is looking a little flat. I don’t know if you’ve seen the Andrew Price video on lighting, but it’s super helpful - might be worth a watch.

I know you’re going to change the hair, but I always mention the hair lol. Blonde hair often has quite a lot of color variations, and is generally darker around the roots, unless very Scandinavian (I guess??), or it’s a bottle blonde.

But excellent work, as always!

1 Like

Hello Peter , and Thank u :slight_smile: ye i tend to light from the front in the beginning to show all of the model , and Then move it a bit and get more shadows for depth as u say.

Actually im from Sweden and trying for once to do a blonde girl ( dark hair is so Much easier) but I do Agree usually the super blonde hair isent natural but colored, even tho its pretty common here. But i Will change more to what u are saying :slight_smile: cheers

On the face alone (not counting hair, ears, neck) you are have done an incredible job, and are almost out of the valley. It’s one of the best faces I’ve ever seen, a lot of zbrush/substance/ have an incredible shape and beautiful maps, but also this weird waxy feel which destroys everything, yours does not have that. Right now it’s just a pretty short list of relatively easy things.

If the brows are still texture, that’s a problem as any other angle will have the flat look.

The eyes are much better – but still could be better. I’d look for more color variation on the iris, especially surrounding the pupil, some greens, browns, purples, really subtle

eyelashes thicker on the outside, and also should be bunching/clumping together in a few spots.

the carunkle, it too sharp (comes to a point on the inside) and needs more layered, sss look, that is one spot you can go real heavy on sss

the hair is a bit too thick, and hangs unnaturally, it fades out in a weird blender way, .

insane work, keep going man!

1 Like

Thx alot, :slight_smile: ye the hair needs alot of work still :slight_smile:

The eyebrowns as u say are texture but only so i can later on put particles there… oh ye thats true, ill Will go to work on that :slight_smile: cheers mate and thx Agien :slight_smile:

holy fucks man. so much better than what I can pull off!
Mine is shit compared to what you do man

1 Like

Haha thx man, well I really like your work aswell! :slight_smile: just different styles :slight_smile: