WIP: Sweet moment through the lens

Hello everyone, my girl (Hanna) and I (Rex Mun), we are very happy to belong to your community, we are from Pachuca, Mexico, we recently found out about this excellent opportunity through Pablo Vázquez on his YouTube channel.

After reading and understanding the rules of the contest, my girl and I will make a screen splash of Blender 2.77 from Pokedstudio, it’s a very fun and colorful scene, we loved it a lot.

First of all, we imagine the story of this splash, we imagine that they are participating in a car race, in a world of great flavor and colorful food, crazy tracks and very interesting characters and this character, due to his expression and the position of his car, is going down of a very steep track ready to jump an obstacle.

So from this story our idea is to make a scene, where you can appreciate what the characters in the car are seeing, we came up with many ideas in the end we loved the idea of ​​placing an airplane that is filming all the race for the spectators who live in this world.

3 Likes

To start our idea, first we take some recording cameras as references, this camera will be controlled by an equal character from this world, the camera will be placed on the plane.

and here is a sample of how the modeling of the camera turned out.

1 Like

Here it is with the display of the uvs.

1 Like

Hey! As we’re entering the final days of the challenge, I’d like to give you some helpful tips to make sure you can successfully complete your entry. Please see my new post on the FAQ topic.

Thank you very much, we will give it a try.

1 Like

This is how the camera would look with the character already made by Pokedstudio, the cameraman oreo cookie.

This is the model of the character that will pilot the airplane.

And here are your uvs displayed.

1 Like

These models are looking great! Make sure to get it on Sketchfab by Thursday, September 15, and tag it #bcon22challenge

Thank you very much, we will give it a try.

Hello, this is how the camera would look, with its materials.

1 Like

This is the plane where the camera will be attached.

Assembly of plane, camera and characters.

1 Like

This would be like at the end, in Blender, now to upload to Sketchfab.

We are very happy to have participated in this incredible challenge, this is how our final work turned out.

3 Likes

Hey! Just a quick reminder that there’s now less than 12 ours remaining to wrap up your challenge entry - submissions close at 2022-09-15T21:59:00Z, GMT+1 (click on the link for some international times).

If you haven’t done so already, please review this post which contains some essential information for preparing your submission.

At the very least, upload your work to Sketchfab as soon as possible and add the #bcon22challenge tag.

It’s also a good idea to add a link to your WIP topic in the description of your Sketchfab model so we can easily find it.

I’ll also keep a close eye on the FAQ topic today, so if you have any issues or questions please post it there as soon as possible.

Good luck!

Really innovative concept and awesome work!

1 Like

Thank you :laughing:

1 Like