Witch

Here is something I’ve been working for some weeks, it was inspired on a concept of @guillerancel wich I really liked and had to do my version in 3D.

Everything was done using Blender 3.2 and hope you like it! Feel free to comment or ask any questions.

102 Likes

Really well done, I like it!

1 Like

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend!

1 Like

This is impressive work.
I love all the details and the illustrative feel to it.
The character looks very organic and influenced by the physical world. I know that polygons, very often, are fighting hard not to allow for this kind of result :slight_smile:
Did you sculpt it and retopologize it or create it by box-modeling techniques?

2 Likes

Brilliant :clap: :clap: :clap:

1 Like

Thank you for the comment Bartosz!

Since this is a personal project I did every “cheat” possible. I’ve modeled her direct on the pose, shoes and hands I grabbed from another project, they were rigged, and adjusted with the Sculpt. The face was sculpted and I used the Quad Remesher to get a descent topology to paint some colors with Vertex Paint, I think used it in the cat and frog too. I used Multiresolution to sculpt the Jacket wrinkles.

3 Likes

Thanks Bart!

Thank you for describing the process. It turned out fantastic!

1 Like

You did a good job giving the illusion of movement. The colors work well together too

1 Like

Awesome as always Lucas.

1 Like

I can only see the thumbnail on Instagrrrr… but: you nailed it.

1 Like

I like it very much.

1 Like

You’re on the #featured row! :+1:

2 Likes

Great work Lucas! :+1:

1 Like

This is so gooddd. Love the details!

1 Like

Extremely well done, very VERY STYLISITIC, every bit of it screams personality and charm. Not only that, but it’s executed perfectly and it’s VERY professionally made! Your weeks of work deserves 100% more recognition

2 Likes

I like it very much. One question :
The final feeling is very graphic … it almost looks hand drawn …
Is it purposely ? …
What kind of lighting did you use ? … any other trick ?
Great.

1 Like

Thank you for the comment! Yep, it’s purposely. I think it’s something like “my style” or my visual taste I guess.

I used a HDRI from HDRI Heaven and a Point Light where the spell is positioned.

Hello Folks,

Here is the “Behind the Scenes” article of this bewitching piece of art!

Do check this article written by the artist himself. It describes the process of making the artwork step by step and the insight on making character illustrations in Blender.

Thanks,
Alina Khan
Editor at Blender Nation

1 Like

good work :+1:

1 Like