Workshop in the Woods

…which was a campground, but then everyone left. This is the day after.

Rendered in Eevee, with a good deal of post-touching up in Krita. Textures are a combination of homegrown procedurals, with a few from FreePBR, Texture Haven, and Ambient CG. All model work is mine, except for the campfire, which I grabbed from Filthycent on Sketchfab.

A special thank you goes out to the kind folks at CG Thoughts for helping me fix a baking issue I was having with Fluent Materializer. Turns out it was something I did. :stuck_out_tongue:

And the raw render, straight from Blender.

edit: Thought it might be a good idea to show off an in-editor shot. It’s a fairly simple scene. I didn’t want to toss in too many fine details, because it’d add too much busy noise, and distract from the painterly look I was going for.

That’s actually the major reason why I ended up removing a number of larger models I initially intended to use. It bogged down the scene too much.

Sometimes, less is moar gooder.

97 Likes

Nice presentation

1 Like

Ohhh, this has such a great atmosphere. Reminds me of Resident Evil 7 :heart_eyes:

1 Like

You’re on the #featured row! :+1:

1 Like

Great painterly effect and atmosphere. I love it.

1 Like

Theres so much life in this image, love the composition and colour pallette :star_struck: keep up the great work!:grin:

1 Like

Woot! Thanks, Bart! :smiley:

1 Like

This is amazing! I love the vibe.

1 Like

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend!

1 Like

Alright! Thanks again, Bart.

Hi everyone,

Here is the “Behind the Scenes” article of this amazing artwork!

Do check this article written by the artist himself. It describes the process of making the artwork step by step with an insight on making realistic environments in Blender.

Hope you all have a great start to the new year!

Alina Khan
Editor at Blender Nation | LinkedIn

2 Likes

Alright! I’m published! :smiley:

2 Likes

At first sight I said “aaaaaaw”, I saw all the little lights, then the tv and again “aaaaw”. but why are there shrunken heads on these poles? :scream: This is so blairwitch.

Cool, well done!! :grin:

1 Like

The real question you should be asking is why NOT have shrunken heads on the poles?

There’s also one lurking way off in the clearing to the left, and one just next to the oil drums.

1 Like

I meanwhile found the one on the left side. But I missed the oil drum guy.
Rule 31 - Double check

1 Like

I’m really considering putting the yard idols into every single scene I make from here on out.

1 Like

Thats a great idea

1 Like

Also, my cans, which are in this scene as well.

2 Likes

It gives me really good vibes: a calm & peaceful scene.
Really powerful, especially after the color correction.

1 Like

wonderful scene with amazing atmosphere!

1 Like