Worn Tires | New Physics

Oh… Sorry! I thought it is spelled mate! Hah… Will correct it! Thanks for help! I was waiting for comments like this that tells something to correct;)

v0.7a update with new features:
*Turn lights
*Skid marks
*Upgraded environment with new textures
*Common variant of gaudges
*Corrected “mate” to “matte” because it was meant matte paint not a mate that might help at race track!
*Some other small tweaks

Update v0.71a.
Changelog:*Added fake Ambient-Occlusion shadow under car for more realism

• Added a new exhaust smoke system: now it uses particle systems for better look and effiency
  • A bit polished some game parts for better performance
  • Changed Glossy, Semi-Matte and Matte to Glossy, Metallic, Matte and Chrome paints for wider range
  • Updated glossy material: Reduced sheen to make it look more simple and realistic
  • Added metallic material with the same sheen as the previous Gloosy material had. Metallic material has also got specular map for metallic paint effect
  • Updated matte material: Now matte isn’t reduced resolution of reflections version of Glossy. Now it uses fresnel effect and reduced sheen to make it look more real.
  • Added Chrome material: It is very simple calculated material where reflection gets mixed with diffuse color without any difficult calculations in proportion 3:2.
  • Some more small features that I can’t all remember…:smiley:

Artifacts caused by recorder! Watch in YouTube for HD

Update v0.72a:
*Added primitive, yet not correctly working gear system. Will be upgraded later, need someone to help. Please contact me: [email protected]
*Added sounds based on RPM.
*Some small tweaks around

Update v0.73a:
*Fixed little bugs with gears and RPM, had to simplify the system
*Upgraded the matte paint a bit
*Edited sound calculation
-Need new, better engine loop sound
-Need to reedit sound so it is not so choppy when switching gears

Khm… No responses, no posts - anything. As I see so far, I am one of the rare amount of people whos posts appears to not to be reviewed, rated or filled with reccomendations often. Why me? I wanna see some more text here, please! :wink:

oh i guess you are right you really dont get to much responses. i am sorry but i am personnaly not a huge fan of racing games but even if you dont get a lot of positive feedback just yet please keep up the work because it looks great so far! hope you will get more positive feedback in the future because you really deserve a way more :slight_smile:

Thanks! Well, I can tell you that I like racing games, but- there is huge BUT- I can’t play them for long, they quickly get boring!:smiley:

yeah its true just racing can get very boring after a while but i thought about what i said once again and recognized that i actually spent a lot of time in burnout paradise and i had a lot of fun with it. i guess if you gave the player a fun gameplay and a little freedom a racing game could be a lot of fun over a long time.

Do you mean freerides with crashes, traffic and a lot of effects?:slight_smile:

its your own project and its can only be done with your own creativities. People want to see how you develope it, not to make you change it. So for me comments are just optional.

I am interested in other opinion - what they like in this game and what they don’t. If noone likes, for example, the HUDs design, it’d be better for me to have reccomendations on better one. Yeah - something like that;)

v0.73a_1 changelog:
*Fixed the RPM calculations problem that when switching gears it set RPM to 0
*Sound autofixed it’s choppiness cause of first fix

yeah i think this forum is great just to get an other point of view on your game and if a game is created with the influence of the playerbase the gameplay will be way more interesting because you may have given ideas and influence to the game by yourself.

I recently played out with materials, tryed to get better look. But matte still needs roughness. Without that it doesn’t look such great. I don’t know much about nodes though…:frowning: I think simple blur would make the reflection rough and diffuse, but I am not sure how to do it with nodes.
P.S. I am going to implement graphics menu soon too. My planned options:

• Filters on/off(bloom, AA, vignette, noise etc., can set on/off each seperately)
  • AA type and quality(FXAA LQ, FXAA HQ, SMAA etc.)
  • Shadow resolution for sunlamp(in range of 256 closest cascade, 128 mid cascade and 64 furthest cascade to 4096 closest cascade, 1024 mid cascade and 256 furthest cascade)
  • Overall texture quality(from 256 to 2048 limit of texture resolution(how to limit texture size in whole scene in Blender?))
  • Water quality(eighter martinsh watersurface v1.1 or martinsh watersurface v1.2 with parallax waves)
  • Normalmaps on/off aswell as parallax maps on/off if I manage to implement them
  • Motion blur on/off and motion blur amount/quality
  • LOD distance
  • Car reflection resolution(in range of 64 to 1024) and, if wonder happens and together with HG1 help I manage to implement real-time raytraced reflections, than raytracing on/off option
  • Other car reflection type(reflection mapped, cube map, BPCEM if I manage to implement, real-time cubemap(resolution from 64 to 256) or if I manage to implement raytrace)
  • Detail and foliage amount(how much small details and plants you can see around and how fast they disappear due to LOD)
  • Lens flare on/off

There may be more options, but I tried to compile what will be the most important graphics features in my game.

v0.74a changelog:
Enchaned matte material
Edited environment
Added destructable building
Tweaks

Great work you are becoming a pro!

Thanks! Well, not a Pro yet - I need to skill up my texture and modelling skills, but otherwise I may start to become proficient BGE user already - it’s almost half an year of clear self-education passed and the friendly community has teached a lot to me!:wink:

Another update:

• Better paint
  • Better windows
  • Better tires
  • More stuff in environment
  • I guess there was more to show in next video

Reflections are very good