Worn Tires | New Physics

v0.77a changelog is quite small:

• More advanced destruction system, not stable yet - has framerate problems. Will be fixed later.
  • Car detail loosing. I lost all the car parts in this video.

The game recieved high reboot and now will look better. Car damage, as example, hasn’t been readded yet, but most of features has been already recovered in new tech level!:slight_smile:

OK! Looking for voluenteer artists who can make some pretty textures and models. If this game gets protif, each of voluenteer workes will get share(not big, but at least few bucks). I am going to make a table with needed things. Thanks everybody who decides to help. Together we can make a good game, I belive it.

The table:
Table of Needed Items
Just right click on status of any unfinished model and add comment. Type that you are making this and I will make it orange(WIP). When you finish it, add the download link in comment and I will mark as finished:)

I have started to make texture atlas so that I can reduce draw call amount!:slight_smile:

I have started to make texture atlas so that I can reduce draw call amount!:slight_smile: There will be like 6 materials per scene, I think that no more…:slight_smile:

A bit of update. There is no much to show you, just few little updates. I hope you like it. I still need a very large help - placing the reflection camera correctly. Really need help with it!

Changelog:

• Reduced smoke thickness.
  • Replaced simple shadows with variance shadows.
  • Added gamesystem.py which hold class that allow me to easily navigate data between scenes and update global data instead of updating local data and sending it to globalDict.
  • ^?^ Started to work on RPM/gear system. Nothing to show yet.
  • Added road cone model.
  • Improved car paint - specular highlights and other parts of it.
  • Added HDR PBR shading to world…
  • Added good working, quite tweaked drifting mechanics.
  • Improved tire models, needs more improvements, though.
  • Fixed ground reflection node setup, need to fix camera setup now.
  • Fixed collision bounds, improved physics of scene.

Here’s a tutorial on modelling roads in blender

Hope it helps

Thanks, I can use it later when I do environment design;)

More updates;)

I am really looking for a good team. Please, somebody, help me out if you can.

Here is the needed models and textures:

Needed models and textures

Thank you!:slight_smile:

Marvin

Venomous

Hello!
A bit of little update - I have managed to make and get 2 logos.

One is Marvin logo which I received from Marvin. I will use it on all the cars which will be made by him.

The second one is logo made by myself. It will be used for some of my cars and tires aswell as advertisment placeholder on some borders etc.

I hope you like the logos!:slight_smile:

My first rim done. I’ve made a HQ version of it(for bake) and lowpoly for game. I will bake textures later, most of the detail to bake is on the logo part.

Logo part:

A test of the rim in-game.
As player will never be able to see the rim that close while in-game racing, I even don’t see any point adding higher-res texture as this 256 one does it’s job!:slight_smile:

You should not add normal map for not important objects. If you want the rim to be detailful, just work on its mesh.

In my opinion those frames don’t look stable at all. The angles don’t equal to each other as well. I have no idea how to make objects like that because i never tend to make games with detailed machine parts. This is a viewer’s opinion and it may help (?)

The normalmap is needed, especially in view mode where changing the parts as the car is viewed very close there.
I will fix the “stability” of frame(add the cylindrical par embed in the wheel, add more thickness and brake pad:)

I can help you with some stuff, like landscape, enviroment etc.
Here is sample of my work:

araagon, thanks. I’ve posted this already above:

Needed models and textures

If you are able to make something, I will appreciate it;)

Game Website
I added a website for this site. To be upgraded.

P.S. Sad that Wix doesn’t support editing source code and/or making the <title> of site to not to be the same as domain.

So - how do you like the site so far?:slight_smile:

The website looks great, (and your game looks great) but looking I found some typos.

in the donations spot you put grove (I believe it was supposed to be grow)
and also you said “donate me and my team” which should be “donate to me and my team”

But over all it looked awesome, and I couldn’t find any other issues.