WSAG Multi Player Online Network Game

oh ok thanks. EDIT: ok I fixed that but the camera doesn’t move with the cube it’s parented ti ContColor(the color of the player) any ideas?

What Blender Version are you using? If you do not use 2.44 (as described in the Tutorial) Then read this for more Info
http://www.gameblender.org/viewtopic.php?id=7&p=3

To make it short the Blender Version 2.45 has a bug… That will not copy the Parenting correct if you have the Player created in Game Play; like we do in WSAG…
The Bug is reported and we all hope that it will be fixed in the Next version but for now you will have to get Blender 2.44 and this Problem will be solved.

OK thankls I was using 2.45 download 2.44 now.

Updatet the First Post of this Treat… Now you get a more detailed Info of what WSAG is…

Take a look at the new layout of my the www.wsag.ch.vu Site.
But that is not the reason why I post:
on that site you can download the new WSAGdev.blend and it now can handle Disconection of Clients
This makes this Setup even more powerfull then it allready was - And I hope many of you will be able to use it to build there own Game whit it…

so how do you work the example file on two computers?

Do you know if the parenting bug is fixed to 2.46?

@crulystraw
On the First PC you Run the File and Start a Server (It will then Display the IP of the Server) now on the second PC you run the File and Start a Client it will then ask you for the Server IP enter the IP and Voila your conncetet and Rady to go

@ Alienkid
The Parenting Bug is Fixed… Update is coming in about a Week (tutorial and Blend)… There are some things that will have to be changed in 2.46… Im woking on it…

new update can be downloadet @ www.wsag.ch.vu
paranting bug is fixed and camara controlls are added… and some littel other updates … enjoy

Some time passed and it’s Time to present a new Update on the Artwork of WSAG.
@ http://www.wsag.ch.vu you can download the File I’m Working on Right now in the Development section.
(Please Note that the File in the Development Section is replaced each time I upload something… It always holds the File that I’m Working on at the Moment…)
This File Contains The Player and My Grandfathers Workshop as a Level. Note that the Textures are still missing on the Level and everything is still very rough…
Please Take a look at it and let me know what you think and give me tips on how to Improve… I’m still very new to the Modelling Part of Blender…
The Player already has the Logic (Bricks/Python) that it will need in my WSAG Network environment; but since its not in that environment you get all kind of Errors in the Consol window… You can just ignore them

Also for all the People out there that are Making Levels/Locations for WSAG you now Import the Player in to your Level to test if he gets trough every were and if the Proportions are Right. 1 Blender Unit = 1 Meter.
To Import the Player to your Lever:

• Press Shift and F1
  • Browse to My File click on it
  • Open the Folder Group
  • Select file “Player”
  • Click on the Load Library Button
  • And Voila you have the Player on the Second Layer of your Scene.
  • If your Level is on Layer one just make sure layer one and tow are selected before you start the Game (P-key)

Also the newest WSAG - The Basic Setup (Template) can now be downloaded:
@ http://www.wsag.ch.vu in the section “Basic Setup”
It’s available as a .blend and as a .exe
Hope you enjoy it

I just started to try to give my Level some Texture.
I would like to use some Materials from http://www.blender-materials.org/index.php.
They work great for Rendering but if I use them in Realtime I only get the Colors but not the Textures…
What i’m I doing wrong?
Is the Only Way to get Textures in Realtime with UV Mapping?
Is there a Way to use Materials in Realtime?

I just wanted you to know that the WSAG Basic Setup has been updated. and can be Downloaded at www.wsag.ch.vu
Its now even more effective and powerful and I hope that many of you can use this Multi player setup to create there own game

Thanks for updating.

Edit: I learned a lesson don’t post anything when you have been going 17 hours without sleep and 12 of those hours straight on blender, because you might just make a dumb mistake cough :rolleyes:

cough

Just right click the link -> save as…

Oh yeah, my bad, 17 hours without sleep can do that to a person.:frowning:

Howdy I’m reseting up my Webpage (www.wsag.ch.vu). And will new have a Reverence Section of Projects that are Using WSAG.
So If your Interested to be listed there, Replay to this Post and give me the fallowing Information:
-Project Name
-Link to your Webpage or/and The Forum treat that your displaying your Project on.
-Short description
-Your Team members
-How you learned about WSAG
-How much you had to modify the WSAG setup to make it fit your Project
-What Version of WSAG your Using
-What Operation System your Programming on (Linux, Mac, Window…)
-Any other Information you think is relevant about your Project…

Only the First 2 Points of this Information list are really needed to be able to list you… but the More Info I get the better I can be a advertisement for you

Looking Forward to your Posts…

your website isnt working with me, and you havent been posting in a month… is this a dead project?

My Webpage www.wsag.ch.vu
Should display the message that the Website is down until the 01.01.10.
But my provider that hosts the Webpage seams to have a problem at the moment so the Webpage wont load… But I will be back at the beginning of next Year whit a big new release…That Im so quiet at the moment dose not mean that the project is dead, but that im working aso hard on it that i don’t take much time to post… If anybody has any questions in the mean will just e-mail me

I like the sound of that. Looking forward to it.

The site seems to be off line till 01-01-2010 o.0 Do you have any other source I can download the files from?