X-Muscle System for Blender 4.X

yeah already saw that one, but still those are the simple muscles, we need more tutorials and in blender 2.8-2.9, this one really didn’t help me too much, i would like that you make for us a full tutorial of creation of custom muscles when needed, placement of all necessary muscles in all body and then the setting, setting those muscles, pinning,rigging,weighting, setting the skin model modifiers and phisics (the character model where this simulation is gonna be visualized, because yeah this models are actually just the skin part we see), also how to set and make it work with additional objects for the simulation such as modeled bones, maybe cartilages, fat, other features you find in the human body, and etc, to make it work right with the addon… so this add-on needs to be more advanced in many ways to get this necessary and very longed feature film quality character animation as possible with opensource software…

Something strange is happening whenever I try to Apply the muscles to the body with Micro controllers.

Python: Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Users\scotd\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.91\scripts\addons\xmusclesystem\XMUSCLE_SYSTEM.py", line 3779, in execute
    addMicroToSkin(ob, mic_ctrl, microSys, scale, mirror)
  File "C:\Users\scotd\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.91\scripts\addons\xmusclesystem\XMUSCLE_SYSTEM.py", line 866, in addMicroToSkin
    bpy.ops.object.modifier_apply(apply_as='DATA', modifier = dynaPaint.name)
  File "C:\Program Files\Blender Foundation\Blender 2.91\2.91\scripts\modules\bpy\ops.py", line 132, in __call__
    ret = _op_call(self.idname_py(), None, kw)
TypeError: Converting py args to operator properties: : keyword "apply_as" unrecognized

This looks like something introduced with Blender 2.91, perhaps python API has changed.
I am on it. I’ll let you know when the fix is ready

Albert

Maybe, it’s adding a Dynamic Paint instead.

Don’t worry. I got this.

The fix will be deployed tomorrow for download from BM.

Best Regards!
Albert

Ok, so the fix is already ready for download.
Just make sure you got the latest add-on installed straight from the BlenderMarket server. Just keep in mind the add-on version 2.3.4 does not change, so make sure just wipe out old one before installing the new one.

Best Regards!
Albert

Hi Albert,

I purchased your add-on yesterday and I haven’t yet found time to use it but I saw you offer some chat server for help and feedback, would it be possible to have a discord server? Most people are using that these days and it wouldn’t be meant to bother you but rather for us users to have the possibility to communcate in real time with each other or use our mobile phones to do so since it’s much easier sometimes

2 Likes

I’ve been using the add-on recently and I believe that the current limitation is that muscles and to an extent, bones are unable to interact between each other? I’ve been experimenting in toping off the muscle’s system and I’m thinking binding the muscles to a planar mesh with Surface Deform and then using the planar mesh as collision of the muscles would work.?

Thank you for your question!
Adding passive rigid body physics to skeletal bones should work perfectly fine with muscles soft body collisions. Depending on complexity of your bone mesh, it is a good idea in case where bones are complex geometry to use convex hull or some other primitive shape for simulation to keep good performance.

sorry, this is actually pretty much simpler. Just add collision physics to your bone object. You could of course use non-renderable “convex hull” substitute but again, it’s just matter of performance. So basically what I would do is I would separate the wanted bone as new object from the whole skeleton and set the collision physics for only that needed part.

Best Regards!
Albert

with X-Muscle System 2.3.7 for Blender new muscle offset feature allows to adjust the deformation effect without touching the muscle geometry or weightpainting #b3d vfx rigging animation

Best Regards!
Albert

1 Like

the video doesnt show up tho…
edit: nevermind it does now

1 Like

Hello everyone!

New model Caucasian Female Skeleton comes with X-Muscle System XL variant. Model is available also for everyone who already own XL variant of the add-on. Rigged, ready for animation.

Best Regards!
Albert

model available as part of Anatomy XL Bundle as well as Standalone Product.

1 Like

Hello for when you will add a premade full muscle system (or just the meshes and base system) to be able to be rig into ready rig (such as rigify rig for example) for a character for more easier work? i was wondering why the addon didnt came at least with a template (or two for male and female musculature)…

1 Like

This would be a huge time saver, I second that!

1 Like

Just purchased the X-Muscle System and thought that it would include a preset human skeleton with attached muscles…at least, the dsecription seemed to suggest that…

Now, totally stuck with not having any links to anything that will tell me about each muscle in the human / cat / dog / horse/ etc systems and where they attach…

So, impossible to construct or use a ‘working’ example of anything…

…apart from a freak creature that I will have to spend a long time on, just to create a freak that has no muscular system representing a normal creature at all…

Yet, videos show totally mulscularised systems that work extremely well…

for human and dinosaur…

So, a simple add-on for a muscle pack that would fit the various skeletons is essential if this system is going to take off in any way!!!

PLEASE include muscle set add-ons for each of your skeletons…

Because I want to start using them!!!

Many thanks…

5 Likes

now X-Muscle System also on Gumroad!

Hello!
New update is in testing stage. Improved compatibility with Blender 2.9. Fixed random installation issue, other bugfixes.

Best Regards!
Albert

1 Like

Hello!

This beta version regards XL variant users only:

Please download for testing and leave feedback!

If you’re experiencing installation issue with official add-on version, this version contains a hotfix! you must test this:
2.3.9 beta
-fixed localization bugs
-added undo support (will not randomly crash on CTRL+Z, supports undo correctly)
-Improved compatibility with Blender 2.9. Fixed random installation issue,
-bugfixes

Please download xmusclesystem_29_beta.zip from available files

Best Regards!

Albert

1 Like

Hello everyone!

X-Muscle System for Blender 2.9x has been officially released

Please use xmusclesystem_29.zip for Blender 2.8 and 2.9

xmusclesystem_old_27.zip for legacy Blender 2.6 and 2.7
Best Regards!
Albert