Yet Another Thread about Cycles Materials

does not have same texture here
look at white paint it is covered only at 50 % with texture the green one is covered at 100 %!
how come ?

thanks

@elbrujodelatribu

I tried it with this setup and it looks much better than my approach:

Result:

Yes, I think it looks better.

Here there is another approach for the rough texture (ridgy):

And this is the node setup:

You can need to modify the Strength value in your objects. Moreover its sensibility is going to change in Blender 2.68, so you will need to review when you update to it.

@cekuhnen has gotten a very realistic felt material, as he shared in his post here and in this thread. I have made another approach. His works better in close-ups renders. Mine looks as follows:

The node setup is this:

As you can see I have multiplied the pattern with a layer weight -> facing node to get the pattern appears in facing angles. The fabric is similar to others of this type, and I have reducing the bumping multiplying by ‘0.6’. If you prefer you can increase this value.

You can combine both materials, mine and @cekhunen’s, and if you want share it here.

Bye

Hello good folks!

I am in need of a little help, or perhaps some guidance!

I am fooling around a little bit for practice, but now I hit a minor halt!

What I am trying to achieve is a cartoon-ish “Peanut” texture, if possible a fairly realistic one would be cool to see as well! I tried meddling around, but I am afraid my skills when it comes to creating awesome looking materials with the help of nodes is pretty much nonexistent!

A picture of the model! Also wondering, if there is a way to prevent light from bouncing through the glasses?

Thanks!

Best Regards

//Morgan

Edit:

Example picture:

how about a quick one

you can modify to suit your own needs

peanut1.blend (524 KB)

happy cycles

Here’s a pretty decent Wall Texture that I used the other day on a project…

and a file to play with…

Ooops… sorry here’s the file…
Wall_Blat_Texture_001.blend (840 KB)

i remember a sort of metal paint like that
can you control the density of bumps over the surfaces?

any idea if we are going to have inputs for the mapping node?

thanks

Hi everybody. Today I’m going to show you a silk material:

The node setup has two blocks:

• The silk material, made with a glossy and a velvet node.
  • The cloth pattern, used for texturing and slightly bumping.

And the pattern is made so:

I have used a wave texture node to distort ramdomly the noise texture node (see example image on the right hand side).

Bye

Thanks! Will play around with it later today and see what results I get :slight_smile:

I have changed the color camp white to gray so you can also adjust the strength/saturation of the glossy reflection
besides only mixing it onto the material with view angle value. Sometimes the surfaces are so rough that the reflection
is hardly visible and in thus cases you need to lower the strength.

Hi everybody. Today I’m going to show you another fabric material for upholstery, similar to one explained here. It looks so:

The structure is the same than the first version. The only changes are the cloth pattern and the colors of the material.

The fabric material (SynthFabric node) is explained in my previous post. This time the cloth pattern uses a RGB Curves node to get the cloth texture. In my first material I used a power and a color ramp node instead to create the texture.

I hope you like it.

Bye

@elbrujodelatribu
That’s an interesting way to control that using the RGB curves node… works much better than I would have expected it too… Thanks for the share!

Thanks @norvman. Yes, it is more intuitive than using a power and a color ramp node.

I have shared an anisotropic material in blendswap. It could be an example of nesting node groups and repeating them. Cycles scales them very well. It is a gpu-version of an OSL material I did. It doesn’t provide the same pattern, but I think it is made correctly. These are some tests:

Bye

@elbrujodelatribu

I have shared an anisotropic material in blendswap. It could be an example of nesting node groups and repeating them.

woooo man… that is one complex node tree…:yes::spin::eyebrowlift:

I am very amazed on how many different materials you can create using the nodesystem… Makes me wonder if there actually are people who solely do this rather than using regular image textures?

Brujo with small editing of your Wall Node setup it can be achieved a nice frosted glass window on a door.

well better show you…

Gracias por todos tus materiales , me han auydado comprender como funcionan los nodes.

is it possible to animate a texture with OSL shader
or may be in cycles with some drivers?

thanks

@RickyBlender: What do you want to animate in the texture?
You can animate every value in the nodes, the mapping for a texture, too. With that you can animate the transformation of a texture.

In OSL there are all noise types with a “time” input available. (Perlin and Voronoi in 4D)

I have requested a 4D time input for the noise in BI and Cycles for years. I hope it will come with volumetrics (Brecht wrote about it). For 3D volumetric textures with an additional 4D vector is the only way to animate the noise without translation.
DingTo is aware of it, too. Maybe he will find some time in his GSoC to implement 4D in BI and Cycles, too.