You can use bing ai to create blender python script that help with tedious tasks

I’m not sure if this is old news but I’m a bit mind blown by the fact i can generate python scripts using chatgpt or bing ai to create scripts that help me save a ton of time, for example this script takes all the spheres in my scene and gives them a random metallic color

1 Like

Welcome.

We still don’t know what we’re gonna do with it, but we’re all in awe.

if you don’t show how bing ai did this (or at least what you did enter there) and what you said or wrote…it is a bit…unbelievable and disappointing because you just showed the result. If i show you my 5 weeks animation and i am telling you this made my “magic ai” and i am just showing you the result - would you believe that!?

…and for my experience (chatgpt) and their results…stackexchange is full of questions of scripts generated by ai which didn’t work at all and where the results are more then bad…

I’m not interested in ai making art because that takes the fun out of it, but for boring tedious stuff like efficient scripts that help you achieve your goals it’s pretty useful

It is not exactly “old” news, but we have more than one thread with people recounting their experiences, both good and bad, like here and here.

My personal judgment after initial tries: It’s not ready for prime time. I gave it several simple tasks and it failed on all of them – not by much, but it actually required programming knowledge to fix the problems. Some of the issues were because the API has changed, and it will pull old code that’s no longer valid. Also, it pulls from non-curated code which might be full of errors itself. I’ll be more impressed when it can sort the good from the flood of bad.

I dunno mate, its pretty believable that AI came up with this script, this is a pretty simple task. From what I’ve seen, the AI chatbots struggle with decently complicated things still sure, but this is well within possibility at the moment.

Yes I ran into the same issues but was able to solve them without programming experience by just giving it the error codes I got

1 Like