You know you've been using too much Blender when...

I dream about ability to copy+paste beziere curves between Illustrator and Blender. Currently, getting curves from Illustrator to Blender is not very hard via “Import SVG” addon. But getting curves from Blender to Illustrator requires Blender 2.49 and a script.
Zoom and Scale are not so different in Illustrator but I really miss Grab functionality.

I have a bigger problem thinking about the engine that the world most be running to have so many polys and active AI’s.

…When you start thinking about how best to composite a scene that you are viewing in real life, and how you might be able to make it look better.

There are times when I’ve seen things and examined the specularity XD, also I have a toy robot that looks like it was rendered in cycles.

You’ve been using Blender too much when you see a real object and wonder… BI or cycles?

I do that all the time! I see something and then I am like, definately cycles

-when your dream start out very noise but gets more clearer as you dream on
-when you start praising the default cube

-When you start to superimpose BVH trees onto the real world in your mind to imagine how everything would be accelerated in a renderer
-When you start postulating on all the concepts used in modeling, lighting, and shading in your favorite video game and later read an article from behind the scenes to find out you’re right
-When you think you have to import.consciousness before feeling well rested for the day ahead
-When you organize your work papers in a way similar to the Blender outliner
-When you look at some print on store packaging and wonder if that is the blenfont from Blender.
-When you are building a sandcastle and the whole design gets a vague resemblance to the Blender logo.
-When you can look at an object and instantly recite the method of how you would shade a virtual copy in both BI and Cycles.
-When your college professor in biology flunks you out of class for the semester because the anatomy study you did of a monkey depicted it with a head like Suzanne’s

…when you buy a ~700$ desktop-pc to use it even more :smiley: yep, just got myself a new tower earlier today, still setting it up, but man it’s fast (quad-core Intel i5-2320 at 3.0GHz )…i’d been saving up for this for a while now :o

P.S. no, I’m not bragging (not my style to brag…though I do sometimes when joking around, haha), I just thought it might be kinda funny :slight_smile:

When you buy an expensive video card just because of Cycles.
I’ma brag: Just bought GTX 560 :slight_smile:

…When you get up as early as possible so that you can Blend before school. Even though you were up late the night before on Blender.

When you make a mistake in geometry and think, ‘Oops! CTRL-Z’ :smiley:
When you try to picture everything around you in wireframe mode :stuck_out_tongue:

…when you suffer from having a vignette in your own eyes.

…when your girlfriend/wife has an input and output and looks rectangular(actually I guess they have inputs and outputs in real life LOL).

• I’m using Photoshop: I always want to use R, S, G, A and X… I hope there will be a kind of addon for PS with Blender shortcuts.
  • I’m watching movies: I always want to recreate that special effect with Blender, but the day after I’ve seen it I don’t remember what the effect was.
  • Looking to people and other random objects to know what the topology will be.

totally! :yes: I especially find myself in the second and third situations… the first has kinda worn off now, though I still occasionally mess up in GIMP and other software because of the good ol’ Blender shortcuts and functions, haha

'nother one: when you stare intently at all kinds of different surfaces and try to determine their Diffuse, Alpha, IOR and Spec values and whatnot :stuck_out_tongue:

Whenever you are drawing something on a piece of paper and mess up and the first thing that comes to mind is control-z

When you are drawing something on a piece of paper and you get pretty far with it you try to save (true story)

Recognise your last one too. VERY annoying. But with the new Cycles engine it will be a bit different: What would it be: a Mix or an Add Shader. And what kind of shaders? A diffuse? A glossy? A velvet?

Have another one: Trying to make a Blender logo with your right hand: just try it and it works!

already have :wink: a bit tough, and you have to look at it from the right angle, but it’s kinda awesome nonetheless, haha

you’re right, Cycles will definitely be a game-changer…we’ll have to reconfigure our Blender-head habits, I suppose.

I don’t care if pretty much everything else isn’t working… the new computer specs must be in favour of good render times.

When you hit ctrl+s in a file folder.
When you try to use ctrl+up to make notepad++ fullscreen; twice.
When you try to zoom in using the mouse wheel.
When you mistake caps lock for shift and tab.
When your eyes won’t stay open.
When you stay up till two A.M. modeling.
When your eyelids give up and stay open.
When your E key stop working (or falls off).

Ask not for whom the poke manz, it manz for Ash.

Hah, me too. I don’t just watch a movie any more…

… when you try to rotate the web…