Your favourite Zelda game of all time??

Exactly this is what I’m talking about, you played one game on your nintendo when you was a small boy 6 years old. And you haven’t moved on…or checked out other games. You are just like the teenies who watch anime and pokemon all day.

But haven’t looked at everything else like norse mythology and great epic stories and movies. Close minded is the word…and what if I don’t know that the green guy is called Link? What a weird name for a character…I know enough about that game to say that it’s shit.

But it doesn’t matter, you should put some other options in the poll. I know there are like 1000 of zelda games. Just like there are 1000 of pokemon games. But of you can put some other old classics in that poll lol?

um, why are you in this thread if you’re just going to blast the series? have you even played the game? you shouldn’t judge a game if you haven’t played it yet - I made that mistake several times, including with a Zelda game…The Wind Waker, to be precise.

and there are NOT 1000 Zelda games. ONLY 15 (if you count The Legend of Zelda Skyward Sword, which comes out next year on Wii)

seriously, if you find Crash and Spyro better, why not start a Poll about them? :slight_smile: i’m not sarcastic or anything, I’m serious. everyone has a right to like or dislike a game, but I think we should try not to judge them before we even try them…

edit - have you read the title, btw? it’s called “favorite Zelda game of all time”, not “favorite video game of all time”

well, you’re wrong there. T Edoc tried Ocarina of Time recently, and it’s a game that came out in 1996. I tried Ocarina in 2001-2002, and the only other Zelda game I had played before then was Zelda 1 on the computer, and I had never really made the connection until a year later. I knew practically nothing about Nintendo, or Mario, or Zelda.

I just think that it is definitely not just a game for the fans.

I don’t want to sound too…defensive, like some people would be (no, i’m not talking about someone in particular. seriously. just people in general). there are just a lot of factors involved.

re-edit - i realized that this discussion is kind of like a discussion I had with T.Edoc once…almost about the same subject.

Ocarina of Time was the first Zelda game I played. And I was 17 years old when that happened.
You should really try a game before using the word “shit”, you know.

By the way, I’m not the creator of this poll. But that creator had the right to create a poll about Zelda games only. Stop trying to find someone to fight with and just leave us alone please.

Zarnik:
I’m not a big fan on crash… Not my kind of game. I played one or two titles of it but it’s not the thing I like to keep playing…
Spyro… The first part was genius. I think (aka can’t perfectly remember), the second part was good as well but after that, the series went down. - Especially with that stupid voice, he got in the later games…

But please don’t flame a game that you apparently didn’t even play… “People told you, it’s bad” - yeah, sure. What would you say if I told you, DK is bad? :stuck_out_tongue:

Well if I’m not mistaken Zelda or link or whatever the little faggot is called. Is going for some magic sword in one game? Am I right…how cliche…and then in another game he is saving a princess. I mean come on…

And look at the design…anime…everyone with some decent taste knows to keep away from the really cartoony anime movies and games. If we are talking games…and what the games turn you into. Crash bandicoot is a much better game in every way.

First of all, it’s low poly but still has great effects and animation. A lot of different attacks, and it’s cartoony…not serious game and is NOT trying to be serious. Zelda is a silly game just like crash bandicoot but it’s trying to be serious.

I imagine there is some “wanna be epic” music playing when he finally finds his magical sword to save the world. Just like if it’s serious, but it’s just silly…it’s like watching some really crappy anime about some teenage boy fighting super robots and saving the world with his school buddies.

It’s silly but tries to be serious…I prefer silly games to not try to be serious. Crash bandicoot is a perfect example, crash can’t even speak. He just makes goofy expressions. He is riding motorcycles shooting apples through a bazooka. It’s all cool and silly and fun.

Most of all anime sucks, and zelda is trying to be serious and silly AND cute…which to me is really pathetic since there are so many boys yes…teenagers and slightly far down on the food chain. And yes…all hetero boys are a bit homophobic.

I have nothing against homosexuals or people with bad tastes. But when I go on to the blender forum and see a topic with a poll that forces me to choose over just shitty games.

And if we see what the results of the games are…we can easily see that people that plays crash bandicoot and not serious games get better bodies and are generally healthy and more smart. Than the brains that likes anime and games about magical swords. Just look at the picture below.
http://s3-llnw-screenshots.wegame.com/5-9406148469017027/9406148469017027_l.jpg
What do you think most people on youtube would call them in the picture yes…we are thinking the same thing. Real fans of these shitty games turn into bisexuals…you don’t know if they are girls or boys. Or they turn fat and slow minded. Now look what crash turns you into.

After searching on google for image…

OMG, I didn’t find any crash bandicoot cosplay images. Guess why, because people who play crash bandicoot doesn’t play the game until they get retarded and dress up as them. They play it over a night with some beers and their buddies.

There are too many fanboys over zelda. And that strikes me very weird and retarded since it’s such a bad taste for a game. I mean you start with a quest from a deep voice saying:

-Now link the princess has been captured in the castle by the evil baron. He has gone back in time and the only thing that can take you to her is a magical sword. You can find it in the outer world. Go find it then come back to me…

It’s just so retarded…and it’s trying to be serious. Crash bandicoot stars with:

And I find that much funnier cooler and it suits the game. You don’t turn into a faggot playing it either. Anyway I guess guys are turning more into nerds and gets more feminim and retarded as we move into the anime age. I mean look at the guys from japan…

They basically look like emos every single one of them. America is coming next, but they are too fat to dress up like the japanese. But that doesn’t stop them from posting ridiculous polls on forums over their favorite game. I mean give me a break…either go play some cool good games. Or do something other than gaming…

Hope this comes to a wake up call to all you fanboys of Zelda.

(Just don’t make him happy by answering guys, just don’t… He just won’t stop…)

seriously, Zarnik, if you hate Zelda that much, why are you even in this thread? i mean, c’mon, all that stuff is just absolutely ridiculous! if you’re just going to go on and on about how crappy it is, start your own thread. I don’t want to be rude, but seriously…

and you still haven’t answered my question - have you even played one of the games, or are you only basing your facts on what someone else said?

edit:

But when I go on to the blender forum and see a topic with a poll that forces me to choose over just shitty games.

why did you even come to the thread then?!? i mean, it’s in the title! are you just passing time? seriously, just stop, or create your own thread. just stop bothering us with your super-long posts about how crappy and bad the games are. i’ve had enough of this.

I’ve played every single one of these games at some time in my life, execpt for Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Track.

I think “A Link to the past” was the best and the most fun to play, and it had a lot of elements that were added to Ocarina of Time. I believe Four Swords was just a multiplayer remake.
And I don’t think I ever won Zelda II, even with Game Genie!

Quoted for seriousness

If such trolls at least where doing their homework…
What he says sounds more like bad guesses than like true information…
There is no way, he could seriously critisize the Zelda franchise with the limited knowledge, he seems to have about it.
Also, he seems to tend to put everybody in the same pot… Not quite a good trait, neither for being taken serious, nor for staying objective.
Ignoring him will be the best thing to do.

Yeah, several things introduced in A Link to the Past were reused (and 3D-ameliorated) in other games, especially Ocarina of Time.
The hookshot is a super example. Not only was that tool promising in the 2D games (ALttP and LA), and in 3D, it gets even more interrest.

The Master Sword music (when pulled off) is the same since the beginning too.

they’ve reused a lot of the classic themes throughout the series…especially in the FourSword series - A LOT of ALttP stuff, including characters.

Ahh I cant wait to play ‘A link to the past’ now. I never would have guessed it was so popular. :slight_smile:

My favorite Gameboy Zelda is “Link’s Awakening” i love the music of the fish ^^ the DS ones aren’t very good -.-

I love “Link to the Past” for SNES and “Ocarina of Time” for N64 … “twillight princess” was ok too… but not so good as the old ones :wink:

Not very good Zeldas were:
The both for DS -.- horrible controlling of Link …
and “Windwaker” (the game itself was ok… but the toon shading …)

Aw really? I think the DS controls for link were quite good. A bit different - yes, but innovative for the platform. If the controls were the same for every single game then it would be boring and become stale. Its the same for the graphics.

Consoles become more powerful - graphics change.
Consoles develop different control interfaces - gameplay controls change.

Ah I see… Another WW hater because of the cel shading :no: But at least your admitting the game was ok. I guess not everyone would be pleased by the graphics, myself included initially. But after playing it for 5mins I loved the cel shading. Its a masterpiece :wink:

And gah! Now theres a 4 way tie for 2nd place :wink:

hahaha… well, the statistics follow what I’ve read… so far :wink: ALttP, MM, Link’s Awakening, and TP…with OoT far ahead in 1st place :smiley:

I personaly wouldn’t have expected those results…
I didn’t know THAT MUCH people liked Ocarina of Time. :slight_smile: I didn’t vote btw.
It also surprises me how much The Wind Waker is low… I didn’t think it would have been THAT MUCH hated.

…And I thought Twilight Princess would be higher than that, maybe even more than Ocarina of Time itself… It seems like I was wrong all along the line… :wink:

EDIT : I wonder if I should create a “favorite Zelda song” poll. I had the idea to do so, but I didn’t know if it would work.
What do you guys think? (including girls, don’t worry, since 40% of the video game players in North America are female…I read that on Yahoo! News lately :wink:

T Edoc: Don’t forget, this poll doesn’t say ANYTHING about which of the games is disliked most.
It’s probably unlikely but it could easily be, that the 2nd place of most people didn’t have a single vote yet, as the poll asks for the best title so far.

If you also ask for the worst game at the same time, you’d need either a thumbs system or a point system…

Oh yeah. Sorry. :smiley:

Well, I meant “I didn’t think Wind Waker would have been THAT MUCH not favorited”. :wink:

38 participaters are far away from a representative poll, too :wink:

well, i think most people don’t come to the forums often…it’s basically always the same people who come back almost every day (like us :p)