Youth Rights (CLOSE THIS THREAD!)

Your feelings on youth rights on such things as sex, alcohol, gambling, etc.?

Mine: The government has around the same right to ban minors from betting on horses as the other betters. If they want to gamble, let them. If they want to buy “Arlington Road,” let them.

For more on this, go to www.asfar.org and read their FAQs.

PS: CLOSE THIS THREAD!

Watch “Lord of the Flies”

haha acasto, that covers it even more that my verboseness :wink:

Very touchy subject, i belive that there definatly should be restrictions, as imgranpaboy said.

But i also agree that alot of kids who are pulling crimes and murdering should be tried as adults, most use the law to their advantage to commit these crimes because they know they’ll just get a slap on the wrist.

As i said, very touchy subject, and i doubt there is any real “right” answer.
If your younger, and want to drink, or smoke, no law can stop you and its mostly up to the parents in their raising of you to educate you to know the pro’s and con’s.

I dont think its right to just say, dont do that its bad, and then they see everyone over a certain age partaking in these activites. It makes them feel lied to and probably more curious to try these sorts of things.

Anywayz…

Matt

Blend on, and blend well!!!

I’m not saying that 3-year-olds have the right to drive. I’m probably just as tall as you guys, or at least nearby. If I can drive, then I shouldn’t be restricted from it. Besides, if a 3-year-old who’s barely tall enough to see the steering wheel can drive, nothing should stop him. Maybe we should invent a “kiddie car” for them (one with stairs leading to the dashboard, and close-by pedals).

I know 30-year-olds shouldn’t have sex with 10-year-olds. But if the 10-year-old wants to, don’t stop him/her from doing so, just so long as they know they can be impregnated. As if people didn’t know that.

Yup, and I’m one of them. Geez, I’ve seen “Cube” dozens of times, and there’s blood in it. I’ve seen “Waking Life,” which has a guy pouring gasoline all over himself and lighting himself on fire. I can handle it without throwing up. Kids at my school can handle films like “Scary Movie,” filled to the brim with sex. Anyway…

You’ve just contradicted yourself. If the child art prodigy doesn’t know about those hacks, it’s his fault. However, kids are on the Internet. There are kids smart enough not to talk to strangers on the Internet. If they know about stranger danger, then they know partly about the hacks you speak of. If they know that much, and their art is stolen, it’s their fault for not listening.

If the kids want to put their art up on the Internet (and I do), and they know about the hacks, let them. It’s as stupid as adults doing it.

I did. Gosh, that movie sucked. I mean, it’s almost 3 hours long! And that ending is such an obvious clifffhanger…

Wait, that’s “Lord Of The Rings.” (And yes, I know the difference between flies and rings. You don’t swat rings. You don’t propose to girls with flies.)

I’ve heard a lot of good things about it, so I’ll READ THE BOOK. No, they didn’t make a book of the movie…

“See? I’ve even put these little idiot tabs on here to make it easy for you to understand.” --Melanie, to her husband who she’s trying to divorce, “Sweet Home Alabama”

As for Bapsis: Very true. I’ve heard that, rather than at a family party, kids get their first taste of alcohol at keg parties. Banning substances or activities from the minors provokes them. And you’ve stated the purpose of “youth rights:” If the youth want to ruin their health with cigarrettes, alcohol, start bad habits by having sex, or gambling, let them. Adults have those choices.

Oh god… I knew this would happen… why oh why did I post in that Geocities thread?

What’s wrong with 30 year olds having sex with 10 year olds? Can you give me a good reason why it’s wrong?

Absolutely! But the current laws just try to hide kids from the world until they’re 18, and then throw them right into it.

What about tall, mature kids? What about short, immature adults?

So you were totally ignorant of everything in the world the day before your 18th birthday, and the next day you knew everything?

So why ruin the lives of the minority for the sake of the majority?

“Same with life”? Haha… that IS life. Seriously though, different people mature at different speeds. I’m all for giving less mature people less rights… but not solely based on their age.

Say there’s a 30 year old artist, he creates a website to post up his fantastic pictures not knowing of all the hacks that steal art from the internet and pass it as their own… this man knows nothing of copyrights, and knows nothing of getting his art stolen… so he posts his stuff and it’s stolen…

imgranpaboy: someone who should shut up

Meanwhile, hooray for ASFAR.

1 hour to go until I’m 13!

Awesome Blending skillz AND the powers of Nostradamus, dude, your my hero!!! :wink: Next time try saying it in a quatraine. hehe :wink:

Matt

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

Interesting topic!!! But too bad, I’ll be becoming 18 in Dec. I’ll become an mature adult!

I have to agree that kids have to be limited in their rights, but at the same time, I do believe that they should be free to explore and learn their lessons about concidences.

I always learn my lessons in hard way because I love to explore and see what it’s like. I think kids will learn the best if they learn the lessons in a hard way.

Don’t you think so?

You have the right to remain silent! :slight_smile: Sorry! couldn’t help it!
Seriously though, what kind of right would you like?

old people should lose there rights too
maybee at 90 years of age
because they are crazy by then (on average)
but i suppose kids are crazy too (on average)

there are always exeptions to peoples maturity
and i know i’m below average for maturity so nomatter what age i am i shouldn’t have any rights

What’s wrong with 30 year olds having sex with 10 year olds? Can you give me a good reason why it’s wrong?

[/quote]

Please people, excuse my bluntness, but if your SENSITIVE please DO NOT read my reply here…

WeirdHat,

One is the physical size of the genitalia, think about the size of the average full grown male penis, and the vaginal hole of a 10 year old girl.

Ask any adult woman about the pain of loosing her virginity, even at a later age, and they will tell you its not the best of feelings and is painfull. The hyman is litterally ripped and torn, causing bleeding inside there.

Now, i do belive that alot of people fear sex, would rather let their children watch movies where people get shot up before they would allow them to watch two people making love. And kids should know about sex and sexuality, but also to know that the time is not now for them to physically partake in such activities, but it would be there for them in the future.

When i was a child, even before my school years i LOVED women and girls. And probably would have enjoyed if some woman had played with me physically. But now that im an adult, i realize that im glad that didnt happen, in fact i regret loosing my virginity before I met my girlfriend (of 5 years) and that we didnt share loosing our virginity together.

I know alot of the laws arnt perfect, and some might even seem utterly rediculious, but they were only conceived with the best intentions for those who arnt really in the position to make those desicions for themselves, and SHOULDN’T make those descisions.

A young mind is to easy to corrupt and influence because they haven’t developed the confidences to say no to someone, or the physical strengths to defend themselves if they say no and that person turns violent. And this isnt just for sex, but for a multitude of things.

Anywayz…

Matt

I say we should only let adults post in this thread! :slight_smile:

this is hilarious

kids probably don’t know it, but they happens to like
setup rules by adults, it seems strange, but that’s how life is

and at some point in life, we need to setup guidelines
for this, and that is different concerning culture and country,
depending where you live…being adult and what age it should
start, to make another rule for it other than on the paper would
be very difficult…and I can say that being a real “Man” takes
some years to feel, so don’t claim as soon as your 18 or something,
you are a “Man”…the funny is, that is when the real life starts,
when you must try out the rules for yourself…then, after some years,
when you feel ready, you might say you feel like a “Man”

so actually, no matter what anyone else say,
imgranpaboy is very right…it is first when you
have some kind of life experience that you can
actually state this…better than any…

I am 33 years old, but I won’t say I am more mature
than any younger person, but I can say that I think so,
and also that a persons humour never ends with maturity or age,
it just change a bit…we have all different kinds of humour

yeah right :wink: !!

I am 33 so I can be the “Man” about it LOL !!

well said!!!

but i would also like to make a blunt reply.

Bapsis said:

Ask any adult woman about the pain of loosing her virginity, even at a later age, and they will tell you its not the best of feelings and is painfull. The hyman is litterally ripped and torn, causing bleeding inside there.

one does not have to have sex for this to happen.
infact to my knowledge it is uncommon for a person to have not explored themself before loosing their virginity.

unless my girlfrinend wasn’t a virgin and lied to me!
cause i don’t remember any blood or expressions of pain on her face.

(((((((((((( i’m all paranoid, now i don’t kow what to think. )))))))))))))))

BUT YES I DO AGREE WITH THE MEANINGS BEHIND YOUR POST!!!
even though he was trying to be funny!!!

and now i’m just being pedantic (if thats how you spell that word)

now enough of dirtyness back to child rights please!!!
:x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x

Alltaken, dont be too paranoid about it, from what i’ve heard not all women experience only pain, for most its a mix of pleasure as well. It also depends on the size of the male, now there is something for you to be paranoid about (just kidding bro!!!) hehe. :wink:

I took my girlfriend V as well, and she said it was a mixture of feelings, and i was none to keen on the blood and was very afraid that i hurt her. But its also common for some girls not to bleed.

In fact in some african villages, the day after the marrage the male’s parents hang the sheets with the blood on it out for the public to view so they know that their sons bride was a virgin when he married her. And if she did not bleed, even if she was a virgin, they would kill a chicken and use its blood on the sheet to save face. :wink:

There’s your useless sex info of the day… :wink:

Matt

hmmm chickens

Ooh! Ooh! I have an idea! Let’s all stop talking about this and start talking about how great Blender is! :o

Good idea :wink:

Matt

My reations to this thread:
8)
:slight_smile:
:smiley:
:o
:-?
:slight_smile:
Lol, hehe.
I personally think kids should be given almost no rights. I am a kid, and I get certain rights by being in Civil Air Patrol, etc., and I handle them quite well. But (believe it or not, hey shut up, stop laughing :P) I actually am very responsible for my age. I’d love to be able to drive. But I can’t just think about myself. I must think about 75% percent of the kids in America who are ignorant, irresponsible, and just plain stupid. They will injure others, injure themselves, I mean, if adults have trouble drinking and driving think about immature kids! All these “mature” children who are trying to get equal rights need to think about the consequences of such actions.