Zen UV for Blender

Hi,

Yes, UV Packer can be added, but it’s not on the priority list right now.

Thanks,
Sergey

1 Like

Zen UV - updated to 2.2!

6 Likes

Added UV Packmaster 3 support.

2 Likes

@SergeyTyapkin why does stack button not always stack slightly different islands,

but adding them to stack group with stacking works?

You already answered your own question. =)
To stack different (slightly or completely) islands use Manual Stacks.

1 Like

so first red button only for the same ones? actually it will be cool to have possibility to stack slightly different uvs with one click…(like in headus stack same or similar…)

I love the ui button that opens and closed the left panel to reveal and hide the uv editor.

Is there anyway you could make an addon that does this for the bottom and right of the viewport that can reveal and hide ie the shader panel. I don’t like having to drag viewport panels to reveal then find a little corner to close them. The button method reminds me of modo’s ui and is fast and really convenient.
Having the ability to customise what is revealed when clicking a certain button would be amazing. I use floating windows to open certain custom windows to access different panels in blender ie node editor, geo nodes, shaders etc etc but just with the convenience zenuv brings to just click the button, reveal the uv editor, do my thing, then hit the button again is so convenient and could really aid in productivity if you could do that with other oparts of the ui. hopefully that all makes sense.

Edit - Found A way to add a button to the UI using PME.

2 Likes

PS You could Call it Zen UI :wink:

1 Like

Is there a way you could add ‘unwrap from face sets’ or ‘Mark Seams Face Set Border’ ?
PS - I’m getting an error trying to unwarp a simple cube.

9 Likes

really cool update! thank you!

2 Likes

Bought this after seeing the Relax and Reshape Island features, really amazing toolset.

If there are plans to expand those tools, the real time/game pipeline is dying for an equivalent of Unfold U and Unfold V. Basically just running the unwrap command on a UV island, but constrained to only a single axis for trim sheet mapping.

Just an idea :slight_smile:

https://developer.blender.org/D15195

Correct me if I’m wrong, but that looks like a new unfolding algorithm, not a tool that adds the ability to constrain unfolding/relaxing shells to a single horizontal or vertical axis.

2 Likes

World Orient - Rotate Islands the way they are oriented on the Model.

ZenUV_WorldOrient

2 Likes

Is zen relax an unwrap tool or a relax tool and is it based on a specific algorithm ?

New unwrap (relax) method based on a specific algorithm.

Is this a custom developed algorithm or an open-source one? Might be nice to know for people who want to bring this into Blender. The results look great.

E: Just noticed an add on Blenderartists for Zen UV 1.9. You might want to update the banner @SergeyTyapkin :wink:

Tried to install on latest MacOS/M1 chip, but get error with Core…hmm…