ZUV Tools is a great addon to flesh out your Blender UV tools. Bringing over features from modeling and some extra features ZUV Tools allows you to manipulate your UV’s easier than ever.
With two selected UVs this operator will find the shortest path according to the selected algorithm and source. I suggest assigning a mouse click hotkey to it. I use CTRL + Left Click
- UVs - Derive distance from UV coordinates
- Mesh - Derive distance from 3D vertex coordinates
- Simple - Fastest. Attempts to find the shortest path by searching through connected UVs/vertices and finding the one that is closest to the end. (Speed > Accuracy)
- Distance - Uses the A-star algorithm in order to find the shortest path
- Topology - Uses Djikstra’s algorithm to find the shortest path via the number of edges instead of distance. (Slow due to needing to search through most if not every UV)
Straightens selected UVs according to type. When assigning a hotkey I would suggest something your nonmouse hand can easily select and ALT. This is helpful when selecting loops (Alt + Click) and spreading. I use Alt+T.
- Linear - Spreads UVs out with equal distance from one another
- Cubic - Spreads UVs out with relative distance according to their distances on the mesh
Smooth selected UVs. Great for when interior UVs of the same island are intersecting and Minimize Stretch isn’t doing what you want.
Turns selected UVs into a circle
Transfers selected UVs between UV sync modes
Similar to Stitch (hotkey ‘V’) but simpler and will only move individual UVs instead of entire islands
UV Merge by Distance
Similar to Merge Vertices by Distance or Remove Doubles this operator moves any UVs within the set distance to the same location (does not weld unless Blender automatically welds them)
Attempts to reunwrap selected UVs. It also tries to scale and move to where it was before reunwrapping.
Copy Paste UVs
Easily copy and paste UVs from one uv map to another (based upon vertex order so usually is only possible on the same object)
Scale to Bounds
Scale selected UVs to fit boundaries (does not keep original dimensions of selected UVs)
This operator attempts at scaling the selected UV island in order to relatively match the mesh dimensions. UV Island X length / Y Length : Mesh corresponding to UV Island’s X Length / Y Length
1.0 Gumroad : https://gum.co/hMdCS