2.49 Problems. Post here

I’m going to stick this thread until the release.

I don’t know how much trouble this would be, but I’d love to see this implemented in 2.49:
http://projects.blender.org/tracker/?func=detail&atid=306&aid=18506&group_id=9

This is not a bug, but I will take the topic to give a suggestion. To expand the maximum Clipping the blender of 5000 to 10000.
The 5000 is more than sufficient for most cases. But I believe that from now the games created in the BGE may want to exceed that value.

Change the grid size from 1 to 10 also scales the clipping limit

Really? Oh i´m feeling too noob :o

Update on mac sound, Jorge Bernal wrote a patch that may fix sound support for OSX.
http://markmail.org/message/zwhxfgzfitvbsqtr

Any mac users who compile blender please test this patch?

I’m not getting error messages in the console some times. I’ll see if I can put together some examples with blend files. Most recent was: I forgot the starting bracket of a list, it looked like

something += Speed1]

when I meant:

something += Speed<b><i>[</i></b>1]

Shouldn’t it have said something?

Bug: Don´t Update Automaticaly the Vertex Color After using the “Shadow Self VCols (AO)”
After use this you need paint any color in mesh for update.

Bug: Multimaterial + Modifier Edge Split = Material Bug.
Ex.: in Attachments

Attachments

BugMaterial.blend (60 KB)

@vitorbalbio, fixed
http://markmail.org/message/tr66ptcz5j553tcb

Your second bug (post 48), should be submitted to teh tracker, its probably not so trivial to fix.
multires is also redone in 2.5 so bugs like this might not get fixed.

@Sim88, scripts now compile when the BGE starts, not when the script runs so syntax errors will be raised at startup. rather then running. I tested and it raised an error every time

with this release: blender-2.49rc-(SVN Rev. 19916)-win32-vc
the cube desappear and the script give me the error: “KX_Gameobject, object is not callable”

Attachments

cube_logic_test.blend (138 KB)

If you follow the error it leads to line 6 debug_state.py:

own_debug = cont.owner()

which should be:

own_debug = cont.owner

@andrew-101
thanks

I haven’t really had any issues. I just made an entire game in it. Of course my computers are all Geforce 8800 to GeForce GTX 260 (new). So that might be my help. There is one bug. While I’m texture painting, it seems to reset the texture I’m painting on. I can constantly save it but it is annoying and bad for the flow.

I’m having a few problems with rigid bodies.

If I set bounds to convex hull it never goes to sleeping and just keeps bouncing slightly

If I set bounds to triangle mesh it doesn’t go to sleeping and bounces wildly

I use Ubuntu 8.10 and I’ve tested with 2.48a and it works fine so the problem is with 2.49-RC1

uploaded test blend

Attachments

untitled.blend (130 KB)

downloaded rev 20052, from graphicall. Still looks like I have a 1% more logic since 2.48

I’ve encountered a few bugs, some of them strange. I filed bug reports on two of them, but don’t have the time to file a proper report about the third.

Out of the three, the last one is most important to me personally, then the first one.

Could someone take a look at this? This two new function are exactly what i need and I it would be great if they worked properly :slight_smile:

Attachments

example.blend (168 KB)

I cant test some of the newer stuff, but probably not as important is the FH distance seems to have altered/ increased in Sumo.
Probably more important bug creeping into the joystick controller, as I assume this is applicable to Bullet also, and easy to rectify.
With joystick 2 selected, Right when activated stays on constantly. Left does not work.
Up and Down work correctly.
This with a ST290. on RC2

Frame rate is down to a third of what it was also in texture mode. Is it time Sumo was abandoned. If so, a boat wrapper for bullet would be nice, and a new computer. Bugger.

Sumo has been depreciated for a long time now more than two years. Bullet is the default physics engine.

Kirado, yes I know, what I meant was are having the two engines in the build causing conflicts in some way. Would it not be better to remove sumo altogether. Im not a programmer, so I don’t know how this would affect the program as a whole.
While im here, although it was a very old test file, the throttle on the joystick is also broken.