99* Days of Blender

Day 6

I’m really happy with how this has turned out. I do of course see quite a lot that could be better, but I’m trying to focus on the positive since my dislike of my own work is quite a hindrance in my life. I’ve made quite a few changes since yesterday.

Overall, I’d say this has a distinctly “Wii/Gamecube era pre-rendered background” flair to it, which isn’t what I was going for exactly, but I’m not mad about it. Drop a simple pixelation filter on this and you’d be looking at a Final Fantasy background, which I’ll try later if I have time :slight_smile:

As a kid, I had this PC “game” that came on like 10 or 20 CDs, that mixed a fun point-and-click first-person adventure on a long-lost island (I think you were trying to escape?) with teaching you algebra and calculus. I did not care for the algebra, but I liked the game. Looking at this work has brought it back to my mind for probably the first time in 10 or more years. This 3D scene would fit right in. I don’t remember the name, or I’d show you all what I mean- if anyone knows what I’m talking about, please share it with me :slight_smile:

Also, here’s a Walk Navigation walkthrough (without compositing or volumetric, the render of course looks much better):

7 Likes