A Linux specific distro for blender?

I love the idea !

Justa like there are dirtos for network arch, for dev, for bureautics, for anything…

Make a dist for 3D and ‘crazy things making’…

ahahah you’re crazy man !
but i love this idea :smiley:

for now i do this: Carcassonne Medieval city

my tools:

• Blender —> ( avl on nux ) main creative place. modeling, texturing, organizing… all is centered on blender.
  • Gimp —> ( avl on nux ) 2D texture creation. No need to say more, gimp was born on linux
  • Audacity ----> ( avl on nux ??? ) for all the sound and audio things
  • Unity3D —> ( avl on nux tho i never tried it ) for scene integration, and serious game building just because it targets many platforms.

Ah !!! important !!!

• VLC —> for listenning to my musics when developping :stuck_out_tongue:

side tools ?

• Shotcuts —> ( avl on nux ??? ) for making HD videos
  • Screen2gif —> ( avl on nux ??? ) for… ‘lemme show you what i do’ :stuck_out_tongue:
  • Notepad++ —> ( avl on nux ) seriously… who uses another tool for writing code ?
  • MakeHuman —> (avl on nux ) somewhat useless except for their low poly human model… sent to blender and rigged/animated in it.
  • Shadermap ----> ( forget about nux except with wine ??? ) for playing with textures, bumps, disp, ao…
  • 3DEM —> ( avl on nux ??? ) for terrain importing ( the real work has to be made in unity with scripts :stuck_out_tongue: )

errrr… well i think that…
Apart a big bunch of 2D/3D repositories handling, with such this setup you’ll only miss the famous plugin with the BIG BUTTON: ‘make my game’ :wink:

happy blending and hehehe nuxing :stuck_out_tongue: