[Addon] UvSquares v1.9 (updated - 2.80 and multi island support)

Hi @Harvester, the addon has been working the same way for new Blender releases. I added few things in the issue section as feature requests but there are no critical things to fix.

Hello. Even though it appeared to install correctly I am not getting UV squares dialog options to show at the left of the UV map editor’s window. Can you please help me? Win 7 / Nvidia Card.

Hello.

Running Win 7 Nvidia graphics w/ Blender 2.75 and the dialog box is not showing on my installed copy of UV squares. Any suggestions?

Hi any idea why UV squares is not showing up?

It is there in UV editor Toolbox menu, within Misc. tab :wink:
https://i.imgur.com/t8t6Y38.jpg

Thaaaank you

the plugin doesn’t appear on the addon list (when importing) :frowning:
blender 2.76b (from blender.org)

2.77 - stiil not working

Unzip it and install from the unzipped file : uv_squares.py
Works fine with Blender 2.77:yes:

Attachments

the best addons!! Thanks!!

Why it don’t work with this shape?

uwsquares-bug.blend (89.2 KB)

Hi is there reason why identical uv islands ends up different size and rotation when using “to grid by shape”?

Hi, Radivarig!
First of all, thanks a lot for this great mod! Is a must for me, and IMO should be included by default in Blender.
I found that under circumstances shown in the screenshot it may not work properly. As you can see is the same shape. In the first the cuts in the circular face make that “to grid by shape” doesn’t work. In the other, without those edges or with the face removed, all work o.k.

Seems the addon consider the adjacent faces, even if they are on other uv islands, and even if they are not selected to be shown in the uv layout.

Attachments

Is there a download link for Blender installation (not as a script) please? I see there are 2 scripts to download and am frustrated how to install both.

Click the big green button at this link, and choose download.

Once downloaded, remove the ‘-master’ in the name, and you should be able to install it as any other add on from the blender user preferences add ons window.

1 Like

i wish someone update the addon for 2.8

1 Like

See if this works. There’s one line of code I had to comment out ,cause it looks like it got removed from the API in 2.8. Not 100% sure what it did exactly ,but it still seems to work.

UvSquares_2_80.zip (26.5 KB)

4 Likes

thank you for the update

Thank you for the great addon!
It worked fine for me in 2.80 at first me but suddenly stopped working some time ago.

Am I doing something wrong?

Hi, try this one UvSquares_v1.8.2_upgrade7-80_2.zip (15.9 KB)

2.80 API is still changing so there might be more, I fix them as they get reported.
Cheers

8 Likes