Angle Tool

just to report angle tool now lags when i scrub the history / screen.redo_last

in older build this does not behave like this still usable or it doesnt lag when in first operation ( modal active )

i hope it gets fix
i really like to combine your toolwith Re-last Addon to customize my own modal keys

as you can see in this video its also affected or lagging

Hey, thanks for the feedback and videos. Iā€™ll get into fixing bugs soon I hope. Life threw me a curve ball recently so Iā€™m trying to regroup these days. Hopefully itā€™s a matter of a month or two that I could fix the bugs and performance issues related to blender updates.

Which build of Blender did you notice this with? RC3?

Was excited to try this tool, would help a lot in my daily work but I couldnt get it to work! I am on 2.8 and followed the tutorial to set the tool up!

Hello! The tool is cool, I really like it, using it in creation of modules for environments. I just wonder, is it possible to increase amount of edges in curve mode? For now max limit is 32 segments. Thank you!

1 Like

Hi ShadyMandy,

Thanks! You can change this by editing angle_tool.py inside the zip file, line 319 (the extrude_amounts variable). That should be enough. Let me know if youā€™re able to do it or I can make a separate version for you. Currently this is limited for performance purposes but in a future version the limit will be increased and performance will be improved.

2 Likes

@z01ks
Interesting addon!
But could you tag it as commercial?
Itā€™s like my daily job to collect free addons and some paid addons here are not tagged as commercial.
Thanks in advance

1 Like

How do I do that?

If you go to the first post, there is a pencil behind the title. If you click on the pencil, there is an option below the title on the right. When you click on the + button you can add a tag.

1 Like

Hi z01ks,
I have purchased your Angle tool addon, but doesnā€™t work in blender 2.81Video_1577625713

2 Likes

Thanks for purchasing! Could you please try adding a Hotkey to mesh.angle_tool in User Preferences and running it that way? I suspect something has changed in the new blender versions in regards to the Toolbar icons.

It doesnā€™t work!
Screenshot_1|419x209

Thatā€™s not what I meant. Please right click on this menu item and Add Shortcut. This is in Edit Mode.

Make sure you have this Hotkey in your User Preferences. (Itā€™s possible to just go in there and create a new hotkey, then manually write mesh.angle_tool But adding a shortcut like in the previous image does the same thing.

I can confirm that in 2.82 the toolbar icon doesnā€™t work anymore but clicking on the tool from the Face menu works fine.

Hi!

This addon is a life saver for architecture <3

But I suddenly got this error in the file iā€™m working:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/toni/.config/blender/2.83/scripts/addons/angle_tool.py", line 1225, in modal
    edge_verts = [edge.verts[0], edge.verts[1]]
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'verts'

In new files the addon is still working fine.

edit: It happened again in the new file after a while T_T

1 Like

Hi there! Would you be able to share any of the blend files where itā€™s happening? Thanks.

Ok, I canā€™t share the original geometry, but if I delete everything the bug yet exists in the file, so I can share that. Way to reproduce: try to use angle tool with the default cube.

angle_tool_bug.zip (94.4 KB)

Thanks! This error has been reported before but I havenā€™t been able to reproduce it. Hopefully I can debug it now.

Still same for me, pretty sad.

Any luck?

Iā€™ve found that copying all the geometry from a bugged file to a new one allows me to keep working, but after a while at some point it bugs again and have to copy to another file againā€¦ and again, and again, and again. Man I hope you can find the problem soon :dizzy_face: