arcade vehicle driving game

Game’s pretty awesome so far! Just a few complaints…

Firstly, your camera’s still kinda weird, try height:5, min:8, max:10… A back-up view would be nice as well…
Secondly, the boost doesn’t seem to do anything, acting only as an alternative to the accelerator. Maybe have it increase the overall acceleration instead of adding an extra force…Not sure how you’d do that though… :o
Also, a motion blur would be nice while boosting, a value of 0.45 works well…

Keep up the good work! This’ll be awesome when completed, I’m sure. :slight_smile:

It lags on me and then when I hit esc it closes…

WSDF don’t do nothing nor any other keys.

Hey, for the camera just setup an empty above the car and parent it to the car. Then set up the camera to follow the empty. This method lets you see your suroundings alot better. I tryed it out on your blend and it worked great. If you want I can send you a copy of your blend with it done to show you what I mean. Other than that… great game!

im8act: I’ll try to adjust the camera. Not quite sure if I can create a ‘back up’ view (assuming you mean a view when you reverse). Motion blur is a good idea, but it has the effect of reducing the framerate from 60 to 40.

realpro12: Not quite sure what’s happening with your computer. The car is controlled by the directional keys, not WASD. Perhaps something to do with your keyboard?

The Darwinsh: I already tried doing this and it looked weird to me. But if it works better for you, perhaps it will make everyone else happy too. Please send the .blend file. Within the week if possible.

Yep! You could just change cameras to one set up opposite to the main one when you reverse…

Ok, so here is what I got. I also set up a system where the camera rotates around when you are in reverse scince I noticed that was a popular request. Tell me what you think.

http://www.mediafire.com/?mie05yadvwy

Dawish: I like that :smiley:

I have a MAC XP

Darwisch: Thanks for setting up the camera. It will be included this week’s update. For me, the new camera angle seems bizarre, so I set up an alternate camera for myself (access by pressing ‘3’, return to Darwisch default camera with ‘1’).
JESUSFRK: I’m glad you’re finally content.
realpro12: Sorry, but I don’t know what could be causing the error… What version of Blender are you using?

No problem! Glad to help. :slight_smile:

:RocknRoll: yep. Much easier to drive.

can’t wait to see more updates, this game is becoming epic.

Blender 2.46

Next update out, via mediafire.
Not many changes I’m afraid, as I’ve been concentrating on constructing the new car.:rolleyes:

The new car so far. Plenty of work left to do.

Only changes to the terrain is the meshing out of a gap. This grassed land in the distance will be used for townhouses. In the foreground, I’ll build a garage, the future starting point of the game.
Now to address the problems…

realpro12: Well, I think that’s the problem. Use 2.48 or 2.49, and it should work (hopefully). In case it’s Python causing the problem, I repaired all the depreciated code.

im8act: I’ve modified how the engine works; the normal acceleration is slightly less powerful, and the boost has a more significant effect. There is also motion blur when you boost.

it is blender it works now i updated it

New update for the game: http://www.mediafire.com/?umnyhtzmjwo
As last week, most of my time has been spent on creating the car so not a lot has been altered in the main map.

View of the garage. It isn’t actually functional yet, so won’t do anything.

Front view of the car so far. It’s really coming together.

Another view of the car. 1199 polygons all up, including 284 for the tyres.

realpro12: I’m glad the game works (More players means for feedback, and more motivation for me)!

New car is looking COOL! Keep up thge good work can’t wait to play it!

it dont show damage. Does it do that?

New upload, but limited changes:

The car so far, 1493 polygons so far. (Aiming for 3-4k)

Water barrels are far more fun to destroy, and they will actually dampen the speed of the car (like they’re supposed to).

realpro12: The car only shows damage in the car damage test file. The main game doesn’t have vehicle damage…yet. I might integrate it sometime in the future (once I figure out local velocities).

From now on, I don’t plan to work on the main game until the car is finished. This should speed up the car’s construction time. So don’t panic if there is no upload for the next week or two.

love the update :smiley: I like breaking stuff haha

I like to wreck :stuck_out_tongue:

I do it all the time on GTA 4

I might donate money :stuck_out_tongue:

PS like the water barrel thing :stuck_out_tongue: