Audi A3 2011

Getting there but then Mr Pinchy decided to show up and has plagued me ever since…

Attachments

Change of direction. I’m modelling a different bumper, I wonder if anyone can guess what it’s off… :evilgrin:

Attachments

Why do I get the feeling that’s an A5 bumper? :wink: I actually have to fix mine, it’s missing that little bump/ridge at the front of where the fog-lights are.
Looks pretty good, btw!

It’s not an A5 no. :evilgrin:

Try and take another guess. :stuck_out_tongue:

Attachments

And this is the point where the edges you have placed don’t line up with the blueprints and the whole front end doesn’t look right blah blah blah, let’s continue tweaking…

Attachments

RS3? Nice progress :slight_smile:

RS3 it is, and I’m glad I don’t have to model your BMW bumper. I have now reached the stage where I look at the complicated bits and scratch my head.

kill him with density

If you’re stumped still look at the thread title /nod. :stuck_out_tongue:

Managed to tweak everything but now I’m at the stage where I need to work out how to smooth out the part that extrudes out from the bumper. I’m away at the minute but I shall post a screenshot to tonight. Innit.

This is the current state of the bumper. Some things need fixed and some of the mesh needs re-shaped/moved about to make sure that I have it to near enough the real thing. It seems the more time I put into this bumper the better it’s going to turn out. I reckon I’ve spent about 6-8 hours total modelling/re-modelling/pulling hair out etc etc so far just on the front bumper. My next challenge is to cut into the bumper to make the silver piece that goes around the air dam.

Attachments

Started working on the front wings of the car and more specifically the line that runs from the front of the car right through to the back.

Bottom of the front bumper needs to be sorted as well.

Attachments

Looking good! :smiley: Those wheel arches look like they might cause you some headaches later on though - the topology looks rather tight in that area, not much room to “move around in” if you know what I mean.

P.S. So I’m guessing you’ve now switched from the standard A3 to the RS3? If so, you should maybe change the thread name :wink:

I’m not really sure what you mean by it being tight. The extra work I’ve done since this update is finish off the area where the front bumper attaches to.

I meant that there doesn’t seem to be much space between the 3 topmost vertices of the wheel arch and their vertically-adjacent ones on the rest of the wing :slight_smile: (Tight as in a tight fit/squeeze)

It’s like that on the real car, there doesn’t seem to be that much space between the arch and the swage line I think it’s called. The next update to come will be the bonnet and then I’ll return to finish off the front wings.

looking good.

Thanks. :eyebrowlift:

I love it when a bonnet and bumper come together. :evilgrin: Still lots of tweaking in the front end to be done and more and more and more and more and more and more modelling.

Attachments

I think some parts are till pinching and distorting like at the corner of the headlights and the bottom parts of the bumper. I think I did post somewhere that you need more density. I think I will repeat that statement again you need more density.

Those areas will get fixed in due course.