Update: for the winners, click here!
We’ve been thinking about running our own ‘official’ Blender Artists challenges for a while, but never found the time to actually do it. Now, with the help of @abby_crawford, who also produces the ‘Behind the Scenes’ series on BlenderNation, we finally managed to set up our first one.
We’d like to make this a regular event and will invite sponsors to contribute some prizes each time (interested? Send me a private message!). For our first round, I cheated a bit: since I work for Sketchfab I’m able to provide some Plus plans that will let you upload 10 models a month of up to 100MB each.
So here we go—I hope you’ll enjoy this extra challenge, and have fun using Sketchfab in the process!
This week/month, we challenge you to create a scene depicting your desk—what it is, or what you wish it were. Upload it to Sketchfab and tag it #BADeskChallenge.
- Use Blender to model your desk as it is, or as you imagine it could be.
- Submit only work uploaded during the contest period, but feel free to submit multiple entries.
- Once you’ve created your entry, upload it to Sketchfab and tag it #BADeskChallenge.
- Embed your entry in the Blenderartists challenge thread below (just paste the URL).
- Submission deadline is April 24 (23:59 Amsterdam time, CEST)
- The entries will be judged by the Blenderartists team and all Trust Level 3 members (those who can access the #lounge forum).
- 1st Place: 12 months of Sketchfab Plus ($108 USD value)
- 2nd Place: 6 months of Sketchfab Plus ($54 USD value)
- 3rd Place: 3 months of Sketchfab Plus ($27 USD value)
Tip: Exporting and Importing with the Sketchfab Blender Add-on
The Sketchfab add-on for Blender makes publishing your work to Sketchfab super easy. It also lets you browse over 400,000 freely available Creative Commons models and place them directly into your scene. You can download the add-on from GitHub; documentation is available here.
Terms and Conditions:
- No purchase necessary.
- By entering this competition, entrants will be deemed to have accepted and agreed to the conditions.
- This is a contest for individuals, no teams.
- No alternative prizes available.
- All entries must be original works.
- The judges’ decision are final–in case of dispute, no correspondence will be entered into.
Contestant’s’ models must be uploaded to Sketchfab and tagged #BADeskChallenge and the model’s URL must be pasted into the Blender Artists challenge thread to be considered.
- Winners retain all Intellectual Property.
- The winner will be contacted by Tuesday, April 28, 2020.